introduction

+ introduction +

+ introduction +

I stood backstage as I watched Caesar face the crowd, his navy blue suit still complementing his hair as he held a microphone in his hand, making the audience laugh loudly like he always did. I had about 6 stylists fussing over me, Calix standing in front of me as he swiped his finger under my lips, removing excess lipstick from my skin quickly. He held a brush in his hand as he ran it down my cheekbones quickly, putting it into the belt he was wearing that had all his makeup brushes in it.

"I'm going to throw up" I said to him, the others who were fixing my dress and hair looking at me as they cautiously continued to fix my appearance. "You shouldn't have eaten so much, darling" Calix replied for me as I let out a breath, setting my hand on my stomach, the tight blue satin dress making it hard for me to breath. "I wasn't thinking" I told him, which was true, having scarfed down as much food as I could as soon as I had woken up from my induced coma.

I woke up in the plain white room expecting to see a large scar over my stomach from where the axe had caught me back in the games, but there was hardly even a scar, which just showed me how advanced the Capitols surgery techniques actually were. They had fixed all of the scars, cuts and bruises I had collected throughout my life, in that arena and back home, erasing them completely, practically making me a brand new person.

Calix told me that they had planned on surgically altering my lips and eyebrows when I was asleep, but he wouldn't let them, knowing that I would not want that, and he was correct. "You'll be fine, they love you" Calix said to me, moving to the side as he pulled out a small brush from his pocket of his gold suit, brushing the tips of my hair quickly. "That's why I'm going to throw up" I told him as I looked down at him, the heels strapped to my feet making me tower over him.

I had been put in the most provocative dress they could have dressed me in, the deep blue satin running to the floor with a large slit running up my leg, the back basically nonexistent with straps crisscrossing down my tan skin. "Talisa and Mags are front row" he told me as I nodded my head taking a few deep breaths in as I shook my hands on either side of me.

"Okay" I told him as I heard Caesar laughing along with the crowd, the sound sending nerves throughout me. "And now ladies and gentlemen, for our special guest tonight" Caesar said to them, the audience falling silent from anticipation, making me even more nervous as I took in a deep breath, letting it out through my nose. One of the stylists threw my curls over my shoulder on one side, keeping the other cascading down my back as they all took a step back. "Breath and smile" Calix said to me as he smiled at me, shooting me a thumbs up as I stared out onto the stage. Caesar turning towards the wings as Calix gave him a small nod, indicating that I was ready to go on stage.

"Our victor of the 64th Hunger Games, Waverley Kersey" Caesar announced, holding his hand to me as the crowd went wild, standing up form their chairs as they screamed my name, clapping their hands for me. I slapped a smile onto my face, running my hands down my stomach as I made my way out onto the stage, the sight of me making everyone go crazy as i let out a small laugh, offering them a wave of my hand. I walked over to Caesar, the shoes i was wearing this time much higher than my last ones, making my much taller than him now as he took my hand in his, letting the crowd cheer for me as I heard people calling my name.