Chapter 2

"Papa, I don't want to practice ice skating, I'm tired."  Lev complained.

"You know your mother never listens, we're just lucky she agreed to let you practice in the morning instead of last night." His dad said chuckling lightly.

Lev was a carbon copy of his father. Magnificent green eyes and gray hair, his facial features are softer compared to his dad which he got from his mother but other than that he was a mini version of his dad, Ivan Haiba.

"Can we at least practice on a rink?" Lev asked as he stared at the frozen lake.

"She told me it would be too crowded in the rink so she told me to go look for a lake or a pond." Ivan explained.

They did warm ups and skated for half an hour when Lev finally took a break.

"Can we please go back? I promised my friends I would hang out with them later." Lev begged his father.

"Fine, but don't tell your mother." His father gave in as he chuckled.

As Ivan was making his way back to where his son was, he heard the ice crack.

He looked below and saw the ice beneath him cracking.

"Shit." Ivan said softly but Lev noticed his dad staying still and looked.

Lev panicked and immediately skated to his dad and pushed him out the way as he felt his whole body submerge into the ice cold water.

"Lev!" He heard his dad shout his name but his sight was met with nothing but ice and water.

He tried swimming up, desperately trying to get some air but his skates were weighing him down and he struggled even more.

He was scared and cold. He wasn't all too familiar with death but he knew he could never comeback once he actually meets death. He still had so much to do, he doesn't want to die. He was panicking and his body was moving quickly desperately fighting for his life. He was soon loosing energy and he couldn't tell how much time passed.

He was slowly loosing consciousness and couldn't do anything as his body felt numb and he was slowly sinking even more. He just felt scared and relived since his dad was safe, but where was he? Why is he struggling all by himself? Does he know he's in danger? He soon blacked out as he looked up at the surface that was getting farther and farther.

——————————————————-

Lev woke up in an empty hospital room feeling confused.

He didn't know how much time passed and how long he's been here. He was too confused to even think.

He tried to recall what happened when panic engulfed his body.

He remembered the feeling of cold water on his skin. The feeling of slowly being dragged to the bottom of the lake as the water got dimmer and dimmer. The sound of water as it started going in his ear and his nose hurting. His lungs and throat burning from the lack of oxygen.

He calmed himself down as he stood up and walked towards the door.

He was about to open the door when he heard a familiar voice.

"Your son is fine for now, his state is not life threatening but you should still keep an eye on him when he wakes up. Good thing we made it just in time of he would've died from hypothermia." The doctor explained.

"What about my husband?" His mother asked.

"I'm sorry but we couldn't save him. He seemed to have suffered a head injury during his fall and died from hypothermia during the ride to the hospital" the doctor explained.

Lev heard his sister crying louder and louder as the mother stayed silent but he could hear her sniffles.

He clenched his fist, his father couldn't even swim to fight for his life since he pushed him which made him hit his head on the ice.

He felt terrible, he wished this was a nightmare. He felt scared, alone, guilty, and so much more emotions he couldn't he comprehend.

He didn't know who to blame, he didn't know what to do with his life at this point.

——————————————-

His life turned upside down and took a turn for the worse.

He couldn't stand being on the cold rink, the lonely and suffocating atmosphere he felt the longer he stayed. His lungs desperately seeking more oxygen as he skated in the rink inhaling nothing but the cool air.

He weight of the skates made him miss and fail every jump and spins.

He couldn't handle it. He didn't have fun anymore, the rink wasn't his friend or ally, nor was it even welcoming like before. It was nothing but a scary place for Lev.... and his mother didn't understand why.

His mother was devastated but she never blamed Lev but it felt like she did even if she never verbally said it.

She would push Lev past his limits until he actually couldn't breath.

————————————

No one said anything as Lev finished his story, they all looked at Lev who was now looking at toes.

"I was born to fulfill his unfinished career, my mom reminded me that every single time I refused to practice. I always believed that statement and kept training until the incident, she still uses it as a way to make me practice but even that wasn't enough and I ended up quitting for good. Lev explained.

"That's awful..." Inuoka said sadly.

"Your mom's wrong, you only did the right thing and instinctively tried to save your dad." Yamamoto said as he glared at the thought of Lev's mom.

"I can totally understand why but I don't get how your mom is so set on forcing you to go on." Kuroo said clearly questioning her parenting abilities.

"No wonder you're so lanky and weak, your arms nearly snapped off during your first time training" Yaku said making Lev sulk.

"How did you end up with your uncle anyway." Kenma asked.

"Ever since I quit skating my mom refused to take care of me since and I kept getting into trouble. I was eventually taken by the authorities. Uncle Viktor heard what was going on and decided to take me in. She wasn't allowed to see me until I turn 15 or 16 years old." Lev explained

" That's just a bitch move right there." Yamamoto said.

"Tora." Kenma warned.

"What? I'm sorry but it's true!?" Yamamoto said with his hands in the air.

Lev felt somewhat calmer and relived after the talk, he was glad he could open up. They all soon went separate ways after locking up.

"I wonder what his mom wants with him." Kuroo wondered out loud as he was walking with Kenma who was playing with his console.

"Who knows." Kenma replies shortly but he didn't have a good feeling about it.