Chapter 31

"And where do you two think you're going?" Kurogiri asked, setting down the glass he had finished drying and moving onto the next.

"We're awake, we've had out cheerios, had a nice glass of water," Toga started cryptically.

"We're ready to commit violent atrocities against our fellow man!" Izuku finished with a beaming smile.

"Let's go!" Toga said, dragging Izuku out the door.

"Be back by sunrise please!" Kurogiri called after them. "I don't know you two, he seems just fine to me." He said with a shrug at Dabi and Shigaraki.

"My guess is Himiko talked him out of his hero phase." Shigaraki said, not all that bothered by the sudden mood change in the green haired boy.

"Yeah, let's hope the hero thing was a phase and not the other way around." Dabi mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wanna know what we haven't done in a while?" Iuzku mused to his sister they walked across the roofs of buildings to avoid being seen in the night. They were careful to stay away from the edges most of the time, but Izuku seemed to be more confident now that he was back on his home turf.

He wasn't a fan of heights, but being a villain he needed to get over it so he could use the advantages of being high up. The panic attack at the school was mainly because Shoto and Katsuki had been sitting on the edge.

"What Izu?" Toga asked with a fanged smile. She had been surprised with how easily they had slipped back into their old chaotic dynamic. They had been reeking havoc all over the city, trash a gas station here and there, spray painting different alleys for the hell of it, and bashing in the kneecaps of a rapist. You know, the usual.

So they both were a little more hero than they first thought, ignore it. They were.

"Arson!" Izuku suddenly said, jumping his way down a fire escape on the side of the apartment complex they had been on top of.

Toga gladly followed after him. Once they were firmly on the ground once again, she spoke up, "But we're in the middle of the city. There won't be an abandoned buildings and you've got a no kill order on everyone."

He started leading the way down the street. It was the dead of night, so they weren't really worried about being spotted. "You make that sound like a bad thing."

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing, if anything I think it's great. It's just gonna make arson in the middle of the city difficult." Toga said, skipping in a circle around him.

It still felt weird to her, to be back to their old ways. It felt like they had closed that chapter of their lives and tried to move on, just to be directly shoved back into it when they weren't ready. Like when you jump head first into a pool of water, just to find out it's as cold as ice.

Izuku shrugged, veering off the road. "I just don't kill people, burning down their house is still on the table as long as no one's home."

His explanation threw Toga off. That didn't sound like him at all. He stole, hacked, vandalized, and that was about it. Sure he'd burn down a few abandoned buildings for a the hell of it, but they were abandoned. They were all on the verge of collapsing anyway.

Destroying someone's home wasn't something he'd normally do.

She grabbed a hold of his wrist, stopping him from going any further towards the dark house. "Izu, are you okay? You don't just offer to burn down someone's house for no reason." She asked, her voice laced with concern for her brother.