10 • The Bottle Of Tequlia • 10

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

I felt their eyes burning up at me. As I looked down on my stepbrothers and their friends.

"Do you have a death wish or something?" Tommy asked me, disbelief wrapping itself around his words.

Something like that.

I laughed in response and raised my bottle of vodka, which was now gripped tightly in my hand to them. It was practically mocking a toast to them.

"We really should tell our parents that she does that." Harry said, turning to his brother's.

"Does what?" I asked. Harry turned to me, seemingly surprised that I heard him. "I'm only above you — I can still hear you."

"We should tell them about your habit of climbing out of the window. This is the third time you have done it." Tommy sighed.

"Aren't you grounded?" Harry replied, looking up me with irritation.

I raised my eyebrows. "Have I left the house?"

The boys looked at me, baffled. None of them knew what to do. It was rather amusing. Whilst watching their exchange, I took another sip of vodka, and I felt the heat of the alcohol rush up to my cheeks.

"For god's sake — Can you get down from there?" Harry asked, seemingly feeling irritated by the sight of me.

"You shouldn't be drinking on the roof, Charlotte." Tommy warned.

"Since when do you two tell me what to do? Hell, since when do you two care what I do?" I asked.

"Do you ever just do as your told?" Sebastian growled.

I pretended to think for a moment. "Let me see...no!" I exclaimed.

"You're not the boss of her, Sebastian." Joe argued.

I watched as Sebastian as he clenched his fists at Joe's remarks. It was quite satisfying how much I infuriated Sebastian. Maybe I didn't need to bother trying to get them back with Billy or anything else after all. Just breathing seemed to get under their skin.

Of course, I still had to think about my conversation with my Mom. Anything I do to try and show them they can't control me, I must have that in mind.

"Charlie, please just come down. Okay?" Tommy asked, his voice sounding softer. "I don't fancy explaining to our parents why you fell off of the roof whilst drinking — or whilst we were supposed to be keeping an eye on you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "An eye on me?" I laughed. "Why on earth would you be keeping an eye on me? I am sixteen — the same age as you — I can look after my self."

I shook my head, irritated. I knew my Mom had probably complained to them about me. I hadn't realised her complaints would develop into requests to watch and look after me like I was some child that might put her hand in the fire without realising it.