The Missing Piece

Students one after the other crossed the finish line, once forty-two students passed the next round would begin. Izuku's wasn't surprised by the results, there were forty students split between the two hero classes, this meant only two students outside that would have a chance to shine. One was a pink-haired girl named Mei from the support class and the other was a guy with large fluffy looking indigo hair named Shinso.

Midnight begins to explain the next set of rules. "Students must form teams of a maximum of four people, one rider and at least one horse. The person in forty-second place would get five points, with each spot getting an additional five points all the way to second. The person in first-place, however, gets ten million points. The people in each team will have their points added together, these will be displayed on headbands which the rider must wear. The goal of the game is to steal headbands in order to raise the team's score. The four teams with the most points will advance."

As everyone begins gathering together Izuku simply relaxes willing to join whatever teams are leftover. Uraraka quickly sees Izuku alone and walks up to him. "If your not in a team yet let's join up."

Izuku wondered if he could have a team event where they weren't paired up. "I don't plan on aiming for the million points."

"Then what's your plan to pass?" Uraraka asked.

"Yes, I want to know as well," Mei said as she walked over.

"Who are you?" Izuku asks.

"I'm Hatsume Mei and I'm going to join your team. You reached thrid place so you're the third-best person to ask. Todoroki already has his team and Bakugo didn't like my babies so I'm going to help you win," Every time Mei speaks she would take a step closer to Izuku.

Izuku would push his hand towards Mei's head almost grabbing it. "If you intrude into my personal space anymore you'll get burned. My only interest is proceeding to the next round, I'm not being flashy about it. You can join if you want but you'll have to use the next round to show off your toys."

"So are we going to be a three-person team?" Uraraka asked already putting herself on the team.

"If this is our team we will need one more, my quirk works in close range and both of you would only work as support in this. We need a more offensive quirk.

Izuku looked among the crowed and noticed Tokoyami. "Found a team yet?" Izuku asked walking up to him.

"Not yet," Tokoyami answers.

"How about joining us? We need someone with a more offensive quirk. Uraraka's quirk and Mei's machines are great support, we just need something to support."

"Alright, I'll place my bets on you," Tokoyami answers.

As the teams get set up Izuku gets situated on the other's shoulders. "This feels really stupid," Izuku complains. The challenge begins as his team gets ready to follow Izuku's instructions except he doesn't say anything.

"What should we do?" Tokoyami asks.

"Nothing, we will let everyone gather together and just defend our own. Then we will target one of the students in third or fourth place,"

As Izuku predicted most people went after Todoroki immediately, however. he observed two groups that were doing something similar to Izuku. He wasn't surprised that the other groups only had students they were familiar with, the heroes in class A formed teams and so did the students from class B. The only exception was Mei and Shinso since they weren't from a hero course. 

The first group to interest Izuku was Shinso's, his group had two students from hero class B and Ojiro from class A. Izuku found Shinso interesting and wondered how he could have convinced them. The other person was Monoma, another blonde who looked like they were superior to everyone else. Monoma was passive-aggressive while Bakugo who was violently aggressive.

Shinso began to approach Izuku who slowly had the group back up, "Are you afraid of me?" Shinso asked.

Izuku didn't answer as Shinso was too much of an unknown, anything from his scent to his voice could be related to his quirk. Izuku quickly snapped his finger and pointed at the opposite end of the field to get away from Shinso. Uraraka picked up on it and made everyone float as Mei's Jetpack and hover boots allowed them to escape.

"Why are we running away?" Mei asked.

"That guy is in the general course so his quirk isn't combat-related but since he's the rider his quirk must be extremely effective for this game," Izuku replied.

Izuku noticed a giant wall of ice freezing many groups in place, Bakugo grabbed a couple of headbands while smashing through the ice chasing after Todoroki. Bakugo's strategy was to fly in the air using his quirk as his teammates catch him and pull him back.

Izuku's group ran into Monoma's group as they were both grabbing headbands. "We're taking their headbands," Izuku declared as Tokoyami's quirk Dark Shadow went on the offensive. 

Monoma and one of his partners started blowing at the air as it solidified blocking Dark Shadow. Monoma quickly slapped Tokoyami and Dark Shadow sprang from him to attack Izuku. Tokoyami's Dark Shadow had to fight off Monoma's as Monoma tried to reach over and grab Izuku. Izuku easily figured out Monoma's quirk was copy and if Monoma touched him then he might figure out Izuku's quirk All for One. 

"I hate to borrow that nuisance's idea, Uraraka use your quirk on me," Izuku said.

As Izuku was made weightless he activated Mei's jetpack, but this was an excuse to use his levitation quirk to quickly fly. flying behind Monoma Izuku grabbed the bandages before flying back to his team and making their escape. Izuku managed to keep his distance from the other teams until the timer ran out.

With Bakugo focused on Todoroki, Izuku managed to come in second place with Todoroki remaining in first and Bakugo in third. Shinso's team came in fourth which surprised a lot of the students, Izuku wasn't surprised by that but what did surprise him was two of Shinso's teammates asking to be disqualified. 

The final round would be a one on one battle and Izuku would be up first against Shinso. As Shinso approached Izuku Ojiro got between them. "Izuku can I have a word," Ojiro said.

Izuku and Ojiro went into the waiting room for combatants as the field was being set up. "Why did you ask to be disqualified?" Izuku asked.

"It's actually for the same reason I wanted to talk with you, I have no memory of the Cavalry Battle. My memory stops when I replied to his question and when I came to it was over."

"His quirk is mind control? Could he actually have such a convenient thing?" Izuku asked.

"I don't know but whatever you do don't talk to him," Ojiro warned.

"Thank you for the information I'll put it to great use," Izuku smiled as Ojiro left the waiting room. 

Izuku was surprised to find a student who didn't annoy him, but more importantly, Izuku found exactly what he walk looking for. A quirk that will shake up the entire Sports Festival. Izuku eagerly took out his phone "Kurogiri I found the missing piece to my plan so get everything ready, as promised I'll make it a day no one will forget."