I

"Okay, mommy, I gotta go

"Okay, mommy, I gotta go. I just got home and I need to unload these bags, I'll talk to you soon," E'ani spoke on the phone with her mother Vee.

"Alright pooh, call me tomorrow," her mom replied. "Love ya,"

"Love you too ma, talk to you soon," she replied, and hung up the phone. Today was an extremely long day for E'ani and all she wanted was to get in bed and sleep it off, but that was impossible. She had groceries to put up, she had an apartment to clean up and dinner to make and eat.

She huffed out a breath of air, looking at all the groceries in the backseat of her 2012 impala, and mentally kicked herself for not shopping in increments during the week like she was supposed to, because now she'd have to carry all these bags to the third floor, and she wasn't about to make two trips.

She huffed and puffed all the way to the elevator, where she got momentary relief as she leaned up against the wall. She wished she was back home right now so she could force her big brother and her dad to help.

E'ani was originally from Maryland, Pg County to be exact. She lived in PG as a child, but bounced between living in Riverdale and Northeast D.C. since her parents were divorced and she stayed with them both. She loved where she was from, and missed it all the time, especially now, since crab season was upon them. But due to her new job, she had to relocate and now lived alone in a one bedroom apartment in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. North Philly to be exact.

She liked her new apartment as well, she enjoyed the independence of it. She didn't live in the best area, as of yet, but she had big plans.

About three months ago, she started a position at TKG Sports Management. She was a sports agent, mostly for football players in the NFL. As a kid she always loved football, she and her brother were constantly going to Redskins games with her cousins and her uncles. She met several players from several teams, and every Skins jersey she owned was signed.

Despite loving the sport itself, she was very fond of the business side of things, and the numbers. As she got older she made it her business to look up the contracts these athletes were signing, she started learning how they secured endorsements, how they became household names and she was obsessed. At 13, she told her father she was going to be an agent, and he told her to go for it, so she did.

She attended Howard University after graduating high school and pursued a degree in business, while double majoring in sports management. Her internships at firms in D.C. were enough to make her resume look impressive enough to apply to different firms all across the east coast, and even though it took a little while, she promised herself no matter where they hired her, she'd move.

So here she was, in Philly.

She had only lived here four months, she didn't really have friends, she only had her coworkers. At work, she hadn't had an opportunity to have a client, since most often the players went with someone in the firm who had more seniority, but she was confident her time was coming soon, and she was prepared.