Chapter 46

Kiya | KY |
Houston, Texas

"When you find out what you having?" I asked my mama as we sat in the doctors office.

"Supposed to be today." She said staring at people. I swear all she do is stare at people.

"Mama stop staring at people." I said frowning at her.

"These people ain't gone do me a damn thing." She said and i shook my head.

"So when am i going to meet this boyfriend of yours?" I asked.

"When i meet yours hell."

"You met him."

"In person Kiya Nicole." She said glaring at me.

"Okay thats fine but why you keeping this man away from us this long?" I asked frowning.

"Cause you your daddies daughter chile." She said shaking her head.

"Meaning?"

"You gone think he trying to take yo daddy spot all though he isn't. You'll give him a hard time on purpose you like dem spoiled girls in da movies that be like 'i hate you, you not my daddy' then ill have to beat yo ass cause you know ion tolerate that disrespect. Na, Nari ion think she gone do too much." My mama shrugged.

"Im not gone disrespect that man, my daddy taught me better than that." I told her side eyeing her.

"Girl-" "Anita King." The doctor called out and me and my mama stood up. The lady brung us into room. "Okay ill be right back." She said leaving out. Well okay.

"How come you never changed your last name?" I asked my mama as she sat on the li bed in the room.

"Cause ima always be a King forever my baby period." She said and i started laughing.

"Im for real and if i get married again my name gone be Anita Yasmine King Fisher." She said and i just shook my head at her.

"Thats your boyfriend last name?" I asked.

"Yeah, now what about yo li boyfriend?" She asked me.

"Why he gotta be my li boyfriend why he cant be my big boyfriend?" I asked playfully and she mugged me.

"Girl what about yo li boyfriend?" She asked again.

"We doing, its funny cause at first we couldn't stand each other." I said shaking my head.

"How come?" She asked.

"He was a difficult person, well no he was a precautious person, Observant, guarded. He didn't like being around people he didn't know and he didn't know me so he automatically didn't like me which he let it show openly. He is also very blunt just like his mama." I explained.

"You met his mama?" She asked.

"Yeah a while back, a really nice blunt lady." I shrugged. "That's Nari friend Peyton mama." I said.

"So Peyton and Kamari are siblings?" She asked for conformation.

"Yeah."

"You ever brung him in my house?" She asked and i acted as if I couldn't here her.

"Hmm?"

"If you could huh you could hear." She said looking dead at me.

"Yeah about 2 times but we ain never do nothing" i assured.

"So yall been knowing each other?" She said more than asked.

"Yup."

"And you ain been tell me wow." She said shaking her head.