71

(Yoongi's POV)

"Alright...I'm going to head over to Jimin's while Maki is asleep so she doesn't give you any trouble. Are you going to be alright here?"

Yoongi stands in the kitchen with a small pout on his lips as he looks at Y/N dressed in the same outfit she wore at Maki's birthday party, his chest crawling with an awful sensation.

She looks so pretty today...I guess she should dress up if she's going out...

Did she have to look SO pretty though?...

"Y-Yeah...I'll be fine...Maki's asleep so..."

With his eyes trailing up and down Y/N's form he watches her put on her purse and point to the fridge, his gaze never leaving hers when a small blush crests her cheeks.

"There's leftover curry in the fridge...I'm going to stop at the market on my way back to stock up on some food.."

"Okay..."

A small pang of jealousy and sadness overcomes Yoongi when he leans back against the counter for support as Y/N opens the door and gives him one of her perfect smiles which only deepens the sensations coursing through his veins.

"I'll see you later tonight Yoongi."

"Alright...if you need anything just call."

With a small nod Yoongi watches Y/N close the door and immediately the apartment is now full of silence, the only sound in the room Yoongi's heart beating in his ears.

Ah...here we go again...with this awful silence...

Suddenly an overwhelming sense of longing overcomes his entire form as he makes his way over to the couch and plops down on it, his throat clutching with a large lump beginning to form.

This silence I had become so accustomed to...I never really realized how lonely it actually was...until you came into my life and filled it with your beautiful damn smile.

Sitting back on his couch with a loud huff Yoongi lays his arm over his eyes to shield his eyes from the small tears beginning to pool in his lashes.

Why did you have to come into my life and make it so wonderful.

One day this is all going to be gone...and it'll be Maki and I against the world again...

Why does the future feel so lonely without you in it.....

................................

{Y/N's POV}

"Oh! Jimin!"

The second you step out of the apartment doors you look at the man standing in front of you in a simple loose white sweater and jeans set on his loose form, his white beanie and mask keeping his true identity hidden.

"Hey Y/N-ah."

"I thought I was going to meet you at your house?"

"I figured I would come get you so we could enjoy walking home. I know you like skipping out on vehicle rides so why not enjoy the beautiful day?"

When the sun gleams off of his eye smile you let out a small giggle and nod before you both begin walking down the practically empty sidewalk, only a few people here and there passing you.

"Is there anywhere you want to stop on our way?"

"Mmmm...I don't think so?"

"Well then, you should let me show you one of my favorite places here."

"Oh! Okay!"

Sending Jimin a warm grin you quickly follow him down a small alley until it opens up into a small area filled with many old doors set in vintage stone buildings decorated with deep green vines and moss.

"Woah...Jimin...this is so cool..."

"I love coming to this old bookstore over here...a lot of the books are vintage but sometimes you can find new books too."

You watch Jimin carefully pull off his mask and send you his usual eye smile again before leading you into the bookstore, a very old woman looking over her tiny glasses at you both walking in.

"Ah Jimin-ah, what brings you here again?"

"Just bringing someone who hasn't been here before Halmeoni that's all."

"Well you enjoy."

Making sure to stay close to Jimin you follow him over to the many small antique shelves that hold different stacks of every kind of book you could imagine, his gaze flicking down to you warmly.

"Isn't this place so cool?"

"I..didn't take you for much of a vintage person honestly..."

"Well..it's not that I'm a vintage kind of person...when you live a life that's full of so much new...so much technology and bright lights, it's nice to step away and be able to enjoy something real."

Ah I see...Jimin is seeking reality...

"Well...it's a nice shop."

You carefully scan the dusty books and reach up to pull one out, a small grin stretching across your face at the cover.

"Did you find a book you like?"

"Mhm, this is a baby development book...since Maki is getting a little up there in her age I want to read about the different milestones she needs to be reaching."

Since Yoongi is gone so much I want to always make sure Maki is doing good...

"Ah. I see. Are you ready to check out?"

Nodding softly and taking the book up to the counter you smile at the old woman and watch her give you an odd expression.

"Not many come in here to buy baby books, planning on anything?"

"I'm a babysitter and I want to make sure the development of the baby I'm watching is going well."

"Mm."

This old woman doesn't seem too fond of me...

Making your way back out onto the city sidewalk Jimin pulls his mask back on his face and bumps you with his shoulder again, his eyes gleaming with mischief when you look up at him.

"Ready to go watch the movie? I also bought some food to cook a really good dinner."

"Oh? That sounds really good, I'm hungry."

"Well good! Then let's get going, I think I see some storm clouds forming."

With a quiet nod you tuck the book in your purse and continue walking down the streets with Jimin as you fall silent with slight awkwardness, your lips pushing down into a small pout.

I wonder what Yoongi's doing right now...

I hope he isn't letting Maki sleep too long..she'll be up all night...

(A/N): 👀