39🔥"Such a shame"

"Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, may I speak to you both in private."

Hoseok and Yoongi shared a wary glance, Songhee and SeokJin equally as worried since they know what their best friends have been doing. What if Fera found out and was going to tell Yang?

That thought terrified all four of them.

The two apprehensively followed Fera out of the training room and towards one of the balconies that had a door locking anyone out who would potentially want to go in. Once they were there, she leaned against the railing; with lazy movements she created a fire wall encasing the entire open part of the balcony, preventing anyone from seeing the inside of it from outside.

Surprising to Yoongi and not Hoseok, heat wasn't radiating off of the fire, it was just there. This was something only the most skilled fire elementals could do.

As you can see, Fera is extremely skilled.

Fera stared at the two expectantly, her arms crossed over her chest and eyes a flaming coquelicot, an orange-ish shade of red, "So, is it true?"

Yoongi and Hoseok shared a glance, about to play dumb until Fera said, "You don't have to hide it, i've always been curious myself."

The three stood in a silence, that was until Yoongi spoke, "We don't know for sure, but we've hugged and held hands and nothing has happened." a deep red hue decorated Hoseok's cheeks as Yoongi spoke.

Fera squealed, "So, so far, it's a lie... interesting." she walked around the balcony, playing with a fire ball as she did. "I broke your brothers nose, Yoongi." she admitted, Yoongi's eyes widening.

"WHY?! Not that i'm mad you did, he's a dick, but what was the reason?" Yoongi inquired, slightly surprised when he felt Hoseok back hug him, the fire elementals arms wrapped around his waist and head on his shoulder, Yoongi basked in the feeling, leaning his body into Hoseok.

Fera smiled fondly at the two before responding, "Chancellor Yang knows about you two investigating Akane and Joonwae," their hearts dropped, "Yoongi, your brother is the one that threw that shard of ice at Hoseok. I saw him do it and got pissed, dragged him out, threatened him to let you two be or i'd tell everyone about him and Yang fucking, then stepped on his nose with my boot." she scraped the bottom of her boot on the floor for emphasis, she assumed Yoongi already knew about his brother's rondayvoo.

Yoongi's veins burned in his skin, a type of fury he's never felt before taking over his body. His jaw clenching so tight he thought he'd pop a tooth loose.

Victor. Tried. To. Kill. Hoseok.

Like hell he'd let that shit slide, he'd make sure Victor would regret it.

Though now, wasn't the time for that.

Sensing his anger by the way he tensed in his arms, Hoseok held Yoongi tighter and whispered into his ear, "I'm okay, don't worry about it." which had Yoongi's raging nerves calming a bit, only a bit.

Fera, having watched the interaction, placed a hand over her heart and tilted her head lovingly, "You two are adorable together, this shit better be fake."

Yoongi and Hoseok laughed, Hoseok finally letting Yoongi go despite the elder's protests against it.

He was still cautious.

Though now that the two knew Chancellor Yang was on their radar, they needed to be careful but at the same time they needed to hurry this process along.

They couldn't risk her catching them when they were so close to knowing the truth.

<><><>

Dressed in black, with the sky gray and gloomy, the students and teachers stood to mourn the death of their dearest librarian, Mrs. Eu.

Her cause of death; heart attack.

Sure, totally not suspicious. An older woman, who was in perfect health before, died of a heart attack.

The four elements were separated in the order of fire, earth, wind, and frost, their marshalle's standing in front of them with disheartened expressions.

Well, most of them.

Victor had bandages all over his nose, Cashel placing this ointment that helped it heal faster. Everytime he would look at Fera he scowled, he was still pissy about her literally breaking his nose. And when Fera caught his gaze, she simply smirked.

Chancellor Yang stood near the priest, they were at bereavement, their version of a graveyard. Everything was silent as the priest said his words that, supposedly, ensured Mrs. Eu a safe passage to the after life. The only sound being the soft sniffles of Cashel as he stood in front of the Earth elementals.

He just lost his wife. The woman be loved with every fiber in his body.

Once everything was over, everyone began filing out, Yang and Cashel staying to speak with the priest a bit longer than every one else. The boys all left together, walking away from the bigger crowd since they knew they needed to speak alone.

Right now, we're not focusing on them.

"I'll meet up with you after," Hayoon stated, a soft smile on her face as she kissed Songhee's forehead.

The elder female smiled, holding Hayoon's wrist, "Are you sure you can't just come with me? We can go back to the room.." she whispered the last part, biting at Hayoon's earlobe teasingly.

Hayoon suppressed a groan, "Mm, as tempting as that sounds, I need to talk to Chancellor Yang."

Songhee pouted, though smiled soon after, "Fine, but you owe me." Hayoon nodded, Songhee finally walking away and towards the group of boys that were a couple feet away from them.

Once they were out of sight, Hayoon's expression ironed down. She didn't need to talk to Yang, she was there to speak to Cashel.

Yang walked away from the grave, no hint of emotion on her face as she walked over to her carriage. Why would there be? She's the reason Mrs. Eu is dead.

As her and Hayoon walked by each other, Yang couldn't help the shiver that ran up her spine. The fear that swelled in her heart as she continued her walk towards the carriage, when she finally got inside of it, her heart was beating harder than it should have been.

Hayoon smirked.

"Such a shame," Hayoon said in a domineering manner, she was right next to the solemn Cashel, "I wonder what poor Yeonie will think when she finds out her mother is dead."

Cashel stiffened at the words, he didn't bother looking at the girl next to him and just stared straight ahead, "What are you doing here, Hayoon?"

"You should know as good as anybody why i'm here," Hayoon paused with her words, staring the man up and down before staring ahead, "the burn on your leg should speak for itself."

Cashel clenched his jaw, his fists doing the same. His gaze moved to the girl next to him, who was smirking at him, a cocky expression glued to her features.

"I suggest you be careful, Yeonie wouldn't anything happening to her dear father. As for the chancellor..." Hayoon's eyes morphed to an icy white, an ice dagger appearing in her hand.

"I suggest she watch her back, wouldn't want her to die mysteriously now would we?"

Hayoon began walking away after her words were left drifting in the miserable atmosphere, until she stopped midway and said-

"I'm sorry for your loss, Cashel, but her death further proves the fact that you're on the wrong side of things." Cashel heard her footsteps disappear moments later.

It's then that he broke down, crying over his wife and past decisions.

More like mistakes.

a/n
Yikes