10

Kaycee Rice was content with her life but that was until someone came in and turned it upside down.

She was the geeky bookworm Rice to everyone in her school. No one bothered to show any interest in her.
She was almost invisible to them, but then now why they were suddenly interested in her? Why was she getting invitations from popular students from her class and school, asking her to join them on their table in the canteen? What had changed all of a sudden?

Well, the answer was not in the form of words, but in the form of a body. Not just any body, but the body of a human being, that too of a boy. Not just any boy, but a boy with messy black hair, mischievious and intense chocolate-brown eyes, a stupid but charming grin, strong but athletic body and all in all who was gorgeous. He was Kaycee Rice's fake boyfriend, not that everyone in her school knew about the fake part.

Sean Lew was the reason for all the twists and turns that were taking place in Kaycee's life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaycee had finally told Bailey about the bet and the deal between her and Sean. She had thought that Bailey would be angry with her for pretending to be Sean's girlfriend; if she was honest she hadn't expected an exciting squeal.

It was on the day Sean had kissed her. Kaycee was not in a very good mood after Sean left without any explanation about why he kissed her.
She hardly had spoken to anyone her  for the whole day.

Others kept coming to her asking about her and Sean she just dodged them easily during the break as she hid herself in the library.

Finally, the school day ended and Kaycee made her way home on the bus. As Kaycee and Bailey waited at the bus to arrive at their respective stops, Kaycee turned to Bailey.

"Bailey, why don't you come back to my place?" She asked. Bailey replied with a simple 'okay'.

Kaycee was relieved that Francesca didn't come back home with them. She had gone with Jenna, Tati and Mia straight after school let out.

Once they both were off the bus, Kaycee and Bailey made their way to Kaycee's home. Bailey didn't say anything on the way to Kaycee's house, which made Kaycee feel agitated. Finally, Kaycee broke the silence.

"I'm sorry Bailey." Kaycee said quietly.

Bailey looked at her friend, surprised.
"Why?" She asked, surpirse laced in her voice.

"For the way I was acting today. I shouldn't have left you alone during the break. Did Jenna and her friends tried to harass you?" Kaycee asked.

Kaycee was a little afraid of this one thing. She knew Tati had a thing for Ken, but he was with Bailey now.
So, Jenna might provoke Tati to hurt Bailey. Jenna knew Kaycee was protective of Bailey. And Kaycee had the notion that in order to get back to her Jenna would target Bailey.

"No, Kaycee." Bailey replied.
Kaycee sighed with relief. When they reached the house, Laura was already there.

"Hello Bailey dear." Laura said as she opened the door and saw Bailey with her daughter.

"Hello Mrs. Rice." Bailey replied politely as she entered the house behind Kaycee.

"Where's Francesca?" Laura asked as she closed the door.

Kaycee turned around to look at her mom. "She's gone out with Jenna and her friends. She'll be back at 5." Kaycee said half-heartedly. Laura simply nodded.

"Well i've made noodles, it's in the kitchen, I have to go out, and you can heat it up by yourself, right honey?"
Laura asked as she got her purse.