Chapter 25: last chapter

*triggers*

§

The shot seemed to echo throughout the room. My hands were shaking as I watched Mackie crumble off Tom. I couldn't lower my hands as I kept staring at where he had been. I felt frozen. Tom put his hand on Mackie, checking to make sure he was-

I couldn't even think the word.

I set the gun down, my own body slumping to the floor. My head felt dizzy, and the pain from all the knife marks was killing me. Tom leaned down and lifted me up, rushing to leave the warehouse. Outside, the boys and April were already waiting in a van. We got in, and I all but collapsed against the window. There was blood dripping down my neck, and so much had slid down my arm that it was coating my hand. "(Y/N)?" Tom said, gently stroking my cheek. My eyes had closed, but I forced them open to look at him. "We're gonna get you all patched up, okay?"

"It was James," I mumbled.

"Hm?" Tom hummed, brushing some hair away from my forehead.

"James," I repeated. "He was a rat."

Tom sighed. "I know, petal. I'm so sorry."

"Feel really tired," I said. "Everything hurts."

"You'll be all better soon, but I want you to keep your eyes open," Tom said. "Harry, you got some towels up there?" He leaned forward to talk to Harry who was sitting shotgun. Harry reached in the glove compartment and pulled out some towels, handing them to Tom. Tom took my arm and wrapped it in a towel and held the other to my jaw, attempting to stop me from losing anymore blood.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I heard April ask, though my eyes were closed again.

"Yup, she's gonna be fine," Tom said, his voice rushed as he slapped my cheek again, "but we need to get her to our doctor."

"It's that bad?" Harrison asked, glancing in the rearview mirror.

"Harrison, drive," Tom said, his teeth clenched.

"Tommy," I whined, reaching out to him.

"I'm right here, darling," Tom said. "I'm right here. You're gonna be okay. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

I was able to remain conscious throughout the whole drive, and we quickly arrived to the mob doctor's place. Tom lifted me out of the car and carried me into the house. "Downey!" Tom called, bursting through the door. A man came into the entryway, his eyes growing wide at the sight of us walking into this house.

"Take her downstairs," the man said. Tom nodded and walked down the stairs, careful not to drop me or stumble. When we got downstairs, Tom laid me on a medical chair and stood by my side, brushing some hair away from my face.

"How're you doing baby?" Tom asked.

"Everything hurts," I said for the second time.

"Robert's gonna patch you right up, okay?" he said. I nodded and reached my hand out for Tom to take, which he did.

"What's the damage?" the man -Robert- said, walking over to us.