Chapter 23

Cheng Huan pushed the fully loaded shopping cart, return home with Little Star, unloaded everything, and went again to return the cart. 

When she came back, Little Star had already unpacked the doll. He placed the doll in front of the bed with both hands holding it and talked to it.

"You must be good, you're not allowed to run."

Cheng Huan stand at the door laughing. She walked in and looked at the doll lying on the pillow and asked Little Star. "If she sleeps here, where do I sleep?"

The bed provided by the landlord is quite large, 1.80 meters. There were two pillows on the bed, one for the mother and another one for the children. Little Star put the doll on Cheng Huan's pillow and pushed the pillow to the center of the bed.

"Just let her sleep for a while." The little guy patted the mattress and ruthlessly said to Cheng Huan. "When mother want to sleeps, drive it down."

Cheng Huan: "..." so cruel?

Little Star didn't know that he had put up the image of a scumbag in his mother's heart. After deciding the fate of the doll, he took Cheng Huan's hand and said. "Mom, let's make moon cakes."

For a moment Cheng Huan was sad for the doll. Looking at the time, she had a discussion with Little Star. "Let 's cook lunch first. How about making moon cakes after eating?

"Okay!" After eating breakfast quite late, Cheng Huan is not yet feeling hungry, so she made a meal for Little Star.

Little Star was thinking about moon cakes, and even the food eat was not delicious. He barely eat the last bite in his mouth. Before he finished chewing, he jumped off the table and ran over. "Mother, I'm done."

"Swallow everything in your mouth before talking." Cheng Huan poked the bulging face of the little guy and said with a smile.

Little Star chewed and swallow the foods in his mouth, Cheng Huan packed up the chopsticks. When she finished cleaning , she took out the flour, grabbed a bit and put it on the cleaned table, ready to make dough.

There are two kinds of skins for fresh meat moon cakes, dry pastry and water oil.

You don't need to add water to make dry pastry, just add a little lard to the all-purpose flour, use the temperature of the palm to fuse the lard and flour to form a smooth dry pastry. Put the flour on the table, made a circle in the middle, put the crushed lard, pour the hot water, and knead the dough and after kneading cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes.

In the waiting time, Cheng Huan began to make fillings for the moon cakes. The filling is using pork hind leg meat, minced the meat, add salt, sugar, soy sauce, black pepper, sesame oil and cooked it on fire. Pour water, onion and ginger into the meat filling in batches, stirring while pouring, it is to remove the fishy smell from the meat.

The minced meat absorbs all the water, and it needs to be beaten to increase its softness. Cheng Huan holds the minced meat and beats it down. Little Star was curios and he want to try out himself.

"Come on, here for you do it." Anyway, Cheng Huan was not afraid of the child spoiling the food. She washed her hands with Little Star and let the little one stand on the stool and beat the small piece of meat.

Little Star is young and the strength is also small. When he beat the meat, he was so soft and careful. Cheng Huan had already turned the smashed meat into a ball of meat. The meat on Little Star hand was still scattered.

He picked up the scattered minced meat with his hands, looked at Cheng Huan who had finished her work next to him, and stared at the small flesh of meat in his hand, and anxiously said "Mom, wait for me."

"Well, no need to be anxious, just take your time. "Cheng Huan put the prepared meat stuffing in the refrigerator to refrigerate, picked up the water and oil skin that have been prepared, and wrapped the dry pastry.

The softness and hardness of the two types of dough need to be about the same. After wrapping, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. To a certain extent, roll up the dough and fold it in half, then continue rolling.

Rolling the dough was laborious job. Cheng Huan felt a bit tired after a while. She stopped and took a breath, saw Little Star looking at her, and said to him "Baby, I have no energy left."

Little Star quickly got off the stool and rush to her side and anxiously said. "Mum, please take a rest!"