Chapter 10: August's POV

It was now the next evening, the night of the full moon ceremony. We had helped Onyx get tonight's dinner warmed up and loaded up on the trucks to take them into the woods where our pack meeting would take place. Every full moon the Alpha and Luna praise the moon goddess for her many gifts, announcing the births of new pups, newly mated couples, and newly expecting parents. Today there was another agenda that's going to be discussed. There were several bonfires around the woods, there was a stage set up for the ceremony where they would give their offerings to the moon goddess. We arrived at the station that was set up for the food and there were a few submissive wolves preparing the tables and getting out the paper bowls and plastic spoons, getting them ready to add the dinner to them. We help unload the big pots of the chili and set them on top of the tables that were set up.

We were pulled to a tent that was set up behind the stage area and we looked and saw that there was a dress laid out, looking similar to a kimono style dress as well as a hair piece that looked like a moon flower. I helped Onyx get dressed in the traditional dress for the Luna, Ella helped her get the hair piece on correctly. Raven was doing Onyx's makeup hurriedly, trying to beat the clock. We had been running late due to a few people not showing up to help. Usually on nights like this wolves tend to stay with their mates, and their families.

Onyx's friends ended up not showing up this afternoon to help us heat up the food because something had happened with one of them. I thought it was kind of rude for them to not support their friend in such a dire time. She's going to be tested in front of our pack of around 12,000 people. Ella was messing with Onxy's curls trying to make sure they were perfectly tamed. I tied up the dress from the back making sure to leave her some breathing room. Once the three of us were done we stepped back and admired the work we had completed on our future Luna.

"You look like a queen Onyx." I curtsy to her.

"Why thank you young prince." She curtsies back to me. She starts shaking her hands, trying to shake the nerves.

"Now let's knock 'em dead woman." Ella said playing with one of her red locks. "Tonight begins your monthly preparations to be our Luna." This made Onyx take a deep breath.

"Tonight begins the rest of my life." She exhaled, her eyes were also wide in fear. I could hear uneasiness in her voice, like she was unsure of this life. I quickly shook off the thought and we escorted her out of the tent. As soon as we were out of the tent, Alexandre was standing outside waiting for her. He only wore pants, his chest was exposed, making me pause for a second. I couldn't help but stare at the fresh tattoo that had covered his shoulder, the intricate design of mountains with trees and a full moon over the mountains, the tattoo ended at his elbow. I knew later on in his years that more tattoos would litter his body from experiences much like Alpha Kent's had. The skin was slightly swollen and red as if it were irritated, it was as if he had just gotten the tattoo today. "Alex, darling did you just get a tattoo done today?" She questions, gingerly running her finger tips over the sensitive skin.

"Tradition, I have to get it done." He responded smiling at her, showing all of his perfectly straight teeth. He looked at her lovingly and pulled her to his chest and gave her a hug. They were the ideal couple. "Little Omega's would it be alright to ask you to leave so I can talk to Onyx?" He asked us, as if we had a say so.

All three of us nodded at him and made our way back to the tent cleaning the mess that we had made helping Onyx get ready for tonight. By the time we had completed putting everything away, Onyx entered the tent, her cheeks were red as a ripe tomato. "Alexandre gave me a promise ring." She squeals, flailing her arms in excitement.

"Let me see." Raven held his hand out for hers. In the time we had spent with Onyx, he seemed to be warming up to her. It was really nice to see him be comfortable with someone other than Ella and I.