22

When Fleur finally returned to wherever it was that she had gone, the Weasleys had already shipped everyone off to the school. Though they had to deal with quite a bit of backlash, none of them had it in them to really care anymore. They had been of the opinion that their children were raised well, and since they had never really care and about the old fashioned traditions, the Weasleys had made the choice to omit that expectation from their children. Now...Now they were wondering if that had been a wise decision to made. The question had remained in their minds ever since Draco had come into their home in the first place. They had made the choice to not require their children to abide by the old fashioned wizarding traditions, and they had neglected to really participate within the wizarding pure blood society, as they had not really cared all that much for it in the first place. This had caused quite a bit of hatred and condescension between the Weasleys and other pure blood families, yet the Weasleys had always been confident in their belief that it was not necessary that they had never really cared all that much for the hatred of the other families. Most notably the sacred and noble houses who where well known for their extreme traditions which they always followed. They had endured it because they had believed that what they were doing was the best for their children. 

Yet, it would seem...It would seem that was not the case. Which really quite devastated them. They had thought more than they probably should have that their youngest children would never act in such undignified ways. Fred and George were mischievous but never cruel. They could not figure what had gone wrong with the youngest two children. They had always tried their utmost to ensure that everyone was included and to make sure everyone knew how much they loved them but there seemed to be something which stopped with the youngest two children and they could not figure what it was that they had done to cause it. 

They were worried for them, as well. It was not as though they shipped them off to the school and expected everything to go perfectly. They knew how badly Ron and Ginny hated school, and now they were spending their summer in a traditional school to learn the traditions of the wizarding world. 

It was becoming more and more apparent to them that they should have done this long ago, and yet they didn't. They had failed their children on that aspect. Utterly, and they didn't feel as though they could really fix it. 

When Fluer returned without Draco, they had all panicked. She had been quick to relieve their fears, however, saying that she merely turned him over to the French Veela community who would help him smoothly transition. They had been relieved. Draco had gone through so much and he really did not deserve to go through anything else. The boy was such an angel, and such a sweetheart, they were hard pressed to understand why Lucius could harm him in such a way. 

They were more surprised at the fact that the Malfoy lineage had Veela blood entwined within it, but that was not the point. The point was that they had wished that it had not come to this in the first place. 

"The children have been sent to the school?" Fluer asked simply. It was obvious but she felt that she needed to cut through the tension somehow. The entire place was filled with high level stress and she did not really like the feeling of it. 

"Yes," Mr. Weasley said quickly. "I wish that we would have sent them there sooner, maybe we could have avoided the whole fiasco in the first place." 

"You could not have foreseen it," Percy said simply. "Therefore there is no reason to blame yourself. Perhaps a bit more structure regarding the traditions would have been helpful, but there is no reason to have believed that it would escalate to this." He said softly. Trying to lessen his parents' guilt. Mrs. Weasley shook her head adamantly. 

"As a pure blood family we should have followed the traditions, even if we are more open as a pure blood house we should have realized that completely denying traditions would have drastic consequences, and they always have drastic consequences and yet we refused, and now it was an innocent boy who paid the price for such things. There is no one else to blame but us. We should have done this long ago and we did not. I can only hope that it is not too late to salvage whatever fragile morals the youngest two now have." Percy hid his laugh with a cough.

He did not think that was much possible. Not that he would tell his mother that. Or his father, they did not need to be feeling worse than what they were currently. They were right in the fact that they should not have ignored the traditions for so long, and that it would have been better if they abide by at least a few but they had not. In that case, it was their fault. He just hoped that they would stop beating themselves up for it. He did not like the morose atmosphere and it was not like they could do anything to change the past now. He just hoped that something could be salvaged.

not likely going to happen. The fact remained that they had took Draco in under the pretense that they were going to aid him and make sure that he was more stabilized and yet the exact opposite had happened. He doubted anyone would take such things lightly. They had given their word to help the boy and they had done nothing to that effect at all. Sure it was Ron who had destroyed whatever tentative trust the Malfoy heir had in them, but it was under their roof, which meant his parents were responsible. 

There was nothing to do to change it now, however, and he could only desperately hope that everything would not come crashing down on them.