26: End of the Beginning

LISA's pov

"Dad...Mom, are you two really splitting up?" I asked without a tinge of grief. I came back to the house because my parents called me, they said that they have a crucial issue to talk about.

I had to think deeply about it since I already knew what it was but the thought of Bam crying because of this news breaks me. 

My brother went back home after a week because our mom demanded that he lives in their house. Good thing I was already 18 and can be free from them. 

They will not be a hindrance to me any longer.

I am thankful for the years they took care of me but those years were filled with the only depression that they gave me. I felt suffocated being near them or being in the same room, and this all happened after things went astray with their love life. 

I tried so hard to get them to what they were before because it wasn't only affecting them but their children as well.

"Lisa, I know this might sound awful but I think it is the right thing for us right now, we still both care about each other, we just don't think it is still healthy for us to stay together anymore." they both looked at each other, my mom looking at my dad with all the regret in her eyes. 

"We are very much aware that our constant fighting has led you and Bambam to feel unwanted and we don't want that. You two can choose who you'd rather be with but of course, you still can visit the other" Dad spoke and I look at them bewildered. 

I know that dad isn't the one at fault here, he wasn't the one who cheated but they knew all along yet still continued to make us lose our minds. 

Bambam was sitting beside me on the couch while the other two were seated in front of us.

We both showed an unreadable expression. I already knew this was going to happen so my appearance was lighter than his.

I looked at his way and he gave out a breath.

"Mom, dad you don't have to lie to yourselves or us anymore, I know all of the things that triggered your nightly argument, you think just because I'm young I don't know about mom's cheating?" he looked at our mom with an unreadable expression. 

The things he uttered gave us a stunning look on our faces. My dad and I were shocked while our mom held a guilty, painful, regretful look. She had various emotions swirling in her eyes.

She stood up with tears in her eyes, taking small steps towards my brother. But as she was about to touch him, my brother moved away from her grasp.

"Bam I-"

"Stop it mom, I know what you did. Leaving your husband and children here waiting for you as you go be intimate with someone who isn't your husband just disgust me that I cannot look at you the same way I did before" we were all frozen. 

He moves towards the direction of his room

"And I want you to know that I would not be with you, I would go to dad's side" he said and left us in the living room

Wasn't I the oldest? 

We are 8 years apart so there is nothing wrong with our biological birthing.

Or maybe when we were in our mother's womb, my brain was transferred to his.

That might be it.

Or he's someone who got reincarnated in the body of my baby brother.

where did even my maturity go? 

Hello God?

Stop it, Lisa, you are having a serious talk but here you are being a nerd.

Silence filled the room, it was slowly becoming awkward, so I decided to break it. I gave out a big sigh as I stood up then began speaking.

Serious mode on

"I don't really care if you decide to annul or end your marriage. I just want Bambam to live in a place where he would not be declined. I am already 18 so I can make choices on my own and I'd rather not be with any of the two of you" I look at my mom and shook my head

"Mom I am mad and disappointed at you. You have never made me feel important but it was ok as long as you treated bam good, it was alright with me but cheating and choosing a stranger rather than your family is disgusting" I turned my back at them. My eyes became blurry with the water that was beginning to appear. 

"And Dad, I hope you find happiness. I don't blame you if you want to divorce her but the same as with mom, you've never made me feel like a daughter. You weren't there when I needed you the most. You've left me here and left her to ignore me like I wasn't your child also. That hurts more than the bullying I felt in school" I heard them let out a sob. 

"Lisa-" my dad tried to talk but I shook my head

"I am telling you guys this because someone made me realize that I should voice out my thought if I want to move on" I walked towards Bam's room

"... Goodbye mom and dad, I'll see you... when I see you" I went in the direction of my brother's room as my tears began to fall. 

I needed to be strong for bam, I knew he was only acting tough. I opened his door and saw him sitting in his bed.

I approached him

"Hey bud are you alright?" as soon as I asked him, he burst into tears. I went and hug him, and he buried his face on my chest, clenching my shirt as his tears poured down.

I rubbed his back soothingly as I tried to hold my tears back. 

"It's alright buddy, we will get through this together" I kissed his head.

------------------

JENNIE's pov

I closed the door of my son's bedroom when I heard the front door open. I went into the living room to see who it was

"Lisa? Why are you crying baby?" I inquired as soon as I was greeted by a sobbing baby.

She glanced at me and wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me tight as she covered her face on my chest.

------------

"so, what happened?" I asked while I made us be seated in our bedroom. 

She wiped her remaining tears and sneezed into the tissue I gave her earlier.

"I feel sorry for Bambam for suffering. I wanted him to live in a house with a complete family" she responded. I went and embrace her in pity. 

She really loves her brother.

"Ohh baby, don't worry, your brother is a very intelligent boy, I know he will understand what happened" she pulled away from me

"And that's the other thing. When our parents revealed their divorcement, he just accepted it as an adult and even gave off a very mature comment, he shouldn't even have said those things he said" she whined and pouted, I chuckled making her look at me confused.

"Why are you laughing, it's not funny" she pouted more

"Don't tell me your crying because he was acting maturely? Are you jealous because he is more of an adult than you are?" I asked teasingly

"What!? No! of course not" she shakes her head and crossed her arms

"Why would I be jealous of him? I'm smart" she gave out a pout.

I kissed her lips at her childishness. At least now she is more okay.

"Okay okay............but do not worry baby, everything will be better soon," I said and we both laid on the bed, my head on her chest, arms wrapped around her waist while she was rubbing my back.

"I hope so"

-------------

I'm not really good with drama