6| Missing Piece

"If I had this house I would never want to leave" Kierra mumbled gazing at my house from the car, to me it wasn't nothing compared to what I wanted but I was blessed just to have this

" I've been saving up for another one, this was my starter home"

"Starter? This would be my permanent home it's big enough and the neighborhood is so quiet"

I noticed how her eyes lit up staring at my spot, she had goals and she wanted badly to achieve them it was all in her face.

"How's your credit?"

"Actually pretty good" She smiled proudly.

"You want a house like this you gotta save up a down payment at least ten racks"

I wanted Kierra to know that her goals were achievable and her goals didn't need to be her dreams it could her reality.

I unlocked the door stepping aside to let her enter first, I wanted to see her reaction to the inside.

" This is, gorgeous"

"Thanks to my mom and Sammy"

Kierra seemed to keep her arms close to her body not even wanting to brush up against anything.

"Make yourself at home" I tried making her feel more comfortable.

"How when everything I want to touch looks out of my price range?"

"Yeah shit in here is expensive but it's all materialistic shit and I didn't buy it for people not to touch, Mani was six when I first bought it"

She still carried herself carefully waiting on me to lead her into a specific room.

"I'm sure you want to eat your food, I gotta make sure everything set up for you in the bathroom"

"Could you heat it up for me? I really don't want to mess your stuff up" I admired her respect for my crib but I needed her to just relax and be herself around me.

"I got you, you got a certain body wash you into ? I got some women's Dove and Dr. Bronner peppermint soap"

She reached down in her bag taking out a Ziploc bag with a travel sized Dove body wash bottle.