Chapter 1

( Takes place 1 day before Tobias chooses to transfer to Dauntless, the day of the aptitude test)

Today started like every other morning. But at the same time.... it didn't. It's the day of the aptitude test. Though it's not my test, I'm still scared. Our father had told us about this before. "If they ask you if you were aware during the simulation, say no". If anything, Tobias should be the one scared not me. But I'm worried because I know there's a chance Tobias won't leave Abnegation. Tobias is older than me by 3 years. We don't argue like normal siblings do, why waste the happy moments? Tobias always tried to protect me, even if he got more pain from it. 
Our father is always angry and always takes it out on us and used to take it out on our mother too. Who's... gone. If anything it's better that she's gone. She doesn't have to put up with him everyday. He always thought he was teaching us a lesson. Thought that by hurting us he was making us better. It did teach me something, though,  eventually. It taught me that when I escape this place, I won't be hurt anymore. I will be free. (Sorry it's short, but it gets better! Keep reading! :D)

Authors Note: Hi everyone! this is my first fan fiction,and I know it's really bad right now, but I promise you it gets better.This was just a quick overview of Rose's life(main character). Please keep reading! Make sure to comment so I know if you liked it, and let me know if I should make another chapter if your interested. Don't forget to vote! Thank You! 😁♥

-Violet