Mortal Cup

''I know where the cup is.''

Katherine choked on her cup of water and Magnus patted her on the back, ''Jesus Christ, don't stay stuff like that,Clary.'' she was sitting on the couch with Magnus while Jace and Clary stood in front of them. Jace shook his head at her before looking at Clary, ''Come again?''

''The tarot cards, my mom she must have painted them years ago but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cup.The card look exactly like it.'' Katherine frowned in worry before sharing a look with Jace and Magnus, ''Wait, why aren't  you guys happy about this? All we have to do this is find...'' realization caught up to the Fairchild ''-Dot.'' Katherine ran her hand through her hair, ''I hope she didn't have the cards.''

Jace nodded, looking at Clary, ''If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time, If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-'' Magnus got up from the couch, ''We know.'' he cut Jace off and Katherine snorted before covering it with a cough when Jace looked at her. ''If Valentine started creating shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding a dinosaur through Times Square....People would notice.''

Katherine nodded at Magnus, ''I agree. I hardly think that anyone would fail to notice that.'' Magnus winked at her.

''But he can control demons.I've seen it.'' Clary  argued back as Katherine stood up from the couch, ''Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect.'' ''Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card.'' Jace joked.

''Opening the gates of hell, that's a little more tricky.''

''Valentine doesn't have those cards.I do.'' Luke came in their view, his chest all bandaged up. Katherine frowned at him, ''You do?'' he nodded at her ''They' re in my desk back at the precinct.When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and cleared everything out ' cause I didn't want the Circle to track her.''

Katherine's phone dinged and she look at it to see Izzy message, I need your help, can you come back in the morning? she checked her phone for the time  and worry for Isabelle settled in her. Yeah. she sent the message.

~*~*~*~*~*

Since Alec had slept in at Magnus's and when Katherine asked him why he just shrugged his shoulders and said, ''I was too tired to go back to the Institute.''

Hence, the two shadowhunters were walking down the streets of New York with cups of coffee and sandwiches in their hands, ''So.'' Katherine threw the coffee container away before looking at Alec ''What was the real reason that you finally showed up yesterday, Mr-I-was-too-tired?'' he raised his eyebrows at her, ''Why do you always keep giving me these weird names?'' she giggled ''Because I like it, now...why did you?'' she thrusted her hands into the pockets of her jeans, suddenly nervous to hear his answer.

Alec looked away from her, ''Does it matter?'' because of you,Katherine.You have an effect on me no one else does.

She looked at him, really looked at him, his hair, dark and messy entering his eyes, the way those hazel eyes reflected off the light, ''No, I suppose, it doesn't.'' Katherine threw way Alec'c coffee container that he handed her , ''Kate, I am sorry.'' she blinked up at him in confusion, ''What are you sorry for?'' Alec ran his hand through his hair and still didn't made eye contact with her.

''I didn't pick up any of your calls yesterday, ...and I understand if you're still angry with me-'' Katherine stepped in front of him to stop him from talking, ''Alec, look at me, hey-'' she gently moved Alec's face towards her, her eyes locking onto his hazel ones ''I am not angry at you for that.'' now it was Alec's turn to look at her in confusion, ''You're not?''