𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XVI

"Hi Ms. Musician."
Chesca playfully wiggled her eyebrows and put her tray on the cafeteria table.

"Don't freak with me, Ches, I badly wanted to join the dance club."
I pouted, my eyes centered to my bread and my bread only.

"As if you didn't like joining the Music Club." She grinned and rolled her eyes jokingly.

Remembering the events from yesterday I can't help but let my mind fly to space. It was dreamy.

Jed's hands never left mine until the very last key. He asked me about how was it and did I learned from it and of course I told him I did! He lifted a thumbs up to me and told me I did a great job. After making me melt and wet— my eyes, he went back to the couch and played the guitars with small hums.

I satisfied myself just observing how a beautiful masterpiece he is. How his hands and the guitar strings seem to understand each other and how lovely the sounds fit his soul. He's an art that should be exhibited in a museum. He is just sitting there but he makes me fall head over heels for him more and more.

"Can you please stop with that lovesick face," Chesca pinched my cheeks, waking me up from my daydreaming.

"You look like this with Jeno!"

"But Jed's not even here why are you acting like that?" She answered back. I shook my head, she just doesn't know how much power Jed holds in me.

"Wait, the fuck is Suzy up to?"
Her eyes narrowed towards the table behind me. There I saw Suzy staring at me like she's about to commit murder. What now? She already got what she wants.

"If she continues being like this I might think she has feelings for me."
I decided to shrug her off but Chesca won't let me.

"That ugly fish.."
I snickered at her remark.

I looked at Suzy once again and she's still staring at me. Well, I guess I'm that pretty.

•••

"Already?" I can't help but exclaim. I'm currently in the Music Club headquarters, Harvey just dropped the bomb that we should perform a solo song on Friday which is 3 days from now!

"This is only for the newbies, as per the skilled members, they will be preparing for the opening of an event next next week. We need to see who's got the biggest potential, and maybe, just maybe, join the performance."

Well that is a big opportunity, but the time is very limited and I don't even memorize the basics.

"Don't push yourself much and just do what you can, I believe in you guys." Harvey winked and dismissed the meeting.

I decided to stay so I could play a little. Since I started practicing, I can actually play a little, though I mess up the keys sometimes, I am definitely making progress. I can even play twinkle twinkle little star with my eyes closed, but sadly I can't play kindergarten songs on the performance.

"It's getting a little late why are you here, Luc?"

Finn barged in with his guitar and the other GEUX members one by one entered the club room.

"I'm thinking of practicing but I guess you guys are going to as well? I can leave."

"Nah, you may watch me."
Luke joked but I only snobbed him and waited for the other's response.

"Watch us practice, if you want."
Finn removed his sweater leaving him on a plain white Celine shirt. He proceeded to arrange the mics while Charlie helped him. Luke is busy meddling with them and annoying them while Jed was writing maybe music sheets.

"Your gig is still next week right?"

They nodded simultaneously.
"But there's no enough time so we decided to practice." Finn said with a smug look.

"What are you playing?"

They fell silent and looked at each other, "we don't know." they said in chorus. I slapped my forehead.

"Request a song!"
It was Luke.

"How about—"

"Let's play this."
I pouted when Jed cut me off mid sentence and presented them a musical score.

They all grinned, except Charlie that is to be honest, looking like he's about to doze off.

And so they started testing their instruments. Jeno was with them and he's on the beatbox.

"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
I drink too much and that's an issue but I'm okay
Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again"

They look lively singing now, no traces of tiredness or anything. They look happy on what they're doing... and Jed, I can't see him any happier than when he is on stage, it's his fondness on performing that makes him shine on stage.

"I know it breaks your heart
Moved to the city in a broke down car
And four years, no calls
Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar
And I can't stop
No, I can't stop"

He was bobbing his head on the beat and was literally just feeling himself.
I would give anything just to see him like this always.

The practice was pretty much short they packed up after 2 songs, I helped them on cleaning. Jed popped beside me. At this point I am not even surprised anymore.

"Do you want to learn any instruments?"

I lifted my pointing finger to my cheeks, what else do I wanna learn?
"The drums? I guess?"

He stiffened. I don't know if my eyes are tricking me but I saw his lips puckered into a small pout in a second.

"Why not guitar.."
He sounded a little upset, maybe he doesn't know how to play drums as well.

"Guitar is very interesting too."
I told him with a smile, he stopped for a while as if he is thinking.

"I will help you learn it."

"Really? Really?"

"Yeah, just come to my house."
My eyes widened a little. What's weird though, I'm almost there everyday, but the way Jed is the one who asked me to come hits a little different.

"I mean come to Chesca and I's house, I uhh, can teach you."
His eyes drifted from left to right.

"I can teach you the guitar, not the drums, because drums are hard to play, and drums will make your arms ache, it's not worth it."
He left in a rush leaving me confused once again, does he have a beef with drums?