Chapter Eleven

° MINA °

In the middle of flower designing, I found myself wondering what my life could've been if dad and mom hadn't left early

In the middle of flower designing, I found myself wondering what my life could've been if dad and mom hadn't left early. Probably, I was working as an artist. Displaying my works in an art gallery instead of arranging flowers. Or maybe I could've been a dancer, a choreographer who was as good as Rain, if not better. Despite the contrast of our style, I still really admired his dancing. Erase the fact that whenever he performed on stage I wouldn't know who he was because of the masquerade mask he wore.

Or maybe I was an accountant, like Cheska. But I wasn't really into it either, despite the high salary per month. Frankly, I wasn't a fan of math. I didn't think I should be ashamed though, because I knew a lot of people like me weren't fans of it as well. However, I can do math. Just that it was tiresome, mentally. As if all these formulas just came crashing into my head. Even her sister Rie who was still unemployed was doing better than I was, like, imagine owning your own house at the age of eighteen.

Privileged.

That word kept flying through my thoughts every passing minute, keeping me out of focus from my work. I should've finished this an hour ago, but I realized I was slacking. I was feeling melancholic, there was no heaviness or stress, just emptiness. I turned my head to the side and saw Joanna, looking so bubbly while talking with someone on the phone. Her hands were clean as newly washed ones, which left me to think she was done with her task. Looking back at mine, I sighed. My hands were still on these flowers, holding on but not doing anything else.

Was that really supposed to be my life, like my situation right now? Holding on to something, hoping for a change and a successful life in the future, but not doing anything to make it work? Because I realized I'd been having thoughts of desiring to become successful, but I wasn't sure of which path to take. The fact that I had no idea where being a florist will take me to made me shiver. 

A part of me was aware of my desires and wishes, aware of the things I should be doing to be where I wanted to be someday; to be someone I'd always aspired to become. But there was also a part of me that was clearly oblivious. The "let's grab whatever is on my way" attitude of mine. Never in my entire existence I wished to become a florist, but why was I doing this? Was I just doing this for the sake of my reputation and to save myself from becoming a total nobody?

I felt so confused. "I don't know why I'm doing this," I muttered under my breath. "It just feels like I'm being a slave, and I'm not working for what I want to be. This is honestly so stupid."

Just then, the chimes rang and cold air immediately swept all throughout the shop. Sighing, I put my flowers down and adjusted my uniform to the right fit. I could only hope my vibe didn't get too ruined so I could wholeheartedly treat our customers right without receiving any complaints or bad impressions, otherwise, I'd certainly feel bad and might never return to this shop again.

I turned around, and I didn't expect Rain to be walking towards me with a playful smile displayed on his face. "Good morning Jane," he greeted, and I felt my heart being tugged just by hearing his gentle, soft voice.