19. A Little Less Trash Today

"Which part of 'I'll do it' do you not understand?!" I was barely able to keep my voice from rising.

I was currently seated beside Seanna in the Archmage's office, talking to her secretary.

Seanna was called early in the morning to the Archmage's office and I could guess why. Since she broke the rule by using her magic outside the school grounds before graduation, she'll be punished.

I followed her and am currently explaining the Archmage's secretary that I was the one to force her to do it, so it's only fair that I get her punishment.

But she is very reluctant to listen to me and is fixated that Seanna should be punished since she used it. Again I could guess why. Adailia is the daughter of the Archduke. Giving Adailia punishment is like asking for death or maybe worse.

"We can't Lady Adailia, Lady Seanna used the magic. So she must be punished."

Uhh!!! This dumb background character! Just let the female lead live peacefully!

"But I was the one who forced her, so I must take the punishment."

Seanna looked really uncomfortable so she timidly said, "It's okay, lady Adailia I-" "Stop talking." I snapped at her.

She shut up after that.

Here I am, trying to make her life easy but no! She just wants more things to add to her 'my problems' list!

"I'll take the detentions in Mage's building and whatever other punishments there are." I said. Seanna's life is already shit and I don't plan on making it any more shittier.

The lady was ready to argue but I cut her off sternly, "If you go against me now, you'll have to face the consequences of it. I'll take the detentions tomorrow and that's final." I stormed out of the cabin with Seanna strolling behind me.

Stupid lady, I am already ten minutes late for my first class! And guess what, it's Mathematics! That meanie professor will not let it slide.

As I opened the door to exit the cabin, I saw Mari standing next to the door he looked at me with an expressionless face and then said, "That was a nice thing you did just now. Owning up, I mean."

I looked at him, mirroring his expressionless face, "That was not a nice thing you did just now. Eavesdropping, I mean."

He chuckled at that and went inside the cabin and I left for my building only for Seanna to call me, "Lady Adailia!" She paused for a second as I turned to look at her, "Thank you."

I didn't reply cause I didn't know what to reply and quickened my pace to reach the far end of the Knight's building and reach my class.

When I opened the door the Professor was already in the middle of teaching something.

"We are so honoured that Lady Adailia finally decided to bestow us with her presence." He mocked me.

Yeah, you better be honoured.
I thought sarcastically.

I didn't say anything but just made my way towards the very last bench where I was supposed to sit with Traashid.

"Care to explain what made you late, Lady Adailia?" The professor asked sternly.

"I was in the Archmage's office." Was my simple reply.

He raised a brow and asked, "And why did they need you there?"

"Because of a reason which is too long to explain and will probably take up your entire period if I started explaining now." I replied and sat down.