Chapter 12

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

They talked in Biana's room for almost an hour, trying to digest and understand all the information that came from Sophie's transmission.

They decided not to speak it out loud for confidentiality. Sophie transmitted the memory to the both of them, Biana first before Linh.

If someone was to enter the room, they'd probably guess that they're having some sort of staring contest and no one's losing.

Sophie felt exhausted, because she had to transmit and answer their questions, which was almost the same.

When they both understood what they just have learned about, they all fell silent.

Dead silent.

"I'm sorry. That was too heavy." Sophie spoke, breaking the silence.

She was clutching the scroll in her left hand, as her right hand played with the carpet.

"No, it's okay. I was more shocked about why the council kept this." Linh said. "I mean, sure it would be better if you saw your significant other on top of the list, but the list changes! What if one day, you reminisce over your scrolls and to find out that he isn't your number one anymore? That would suck, right?" She said, talking more than she usually does.

"I guess that's why it's a secret." Biana shrugged, still looking overwhelmed by what she have just learned.

"Oh well, I guess I'll be getting my scroll when I truly know who I'll love for the rest of my life." Biana said, grinning at Sophie.

"Same. I'm glad I have never asked for it yet." Linh added, though they're pretty sure Tam would do everything so she won't even want to request for one.

"Hey, don't be like that. You'll never know, I might just want to be a councilor and fix this matchmaking thing." Sophie said confidently which made them all laugh.

"Okay, moment of truth." Sophie said, breathing heavily to calm her nerves. Biana and Linh were as tensed as her, but they're better at hiding it.

"On three?" Linh asked, and they both nodded.

"0ne..."

Sophie could basically feel her blood running through her veins, her pulse beating louder in her wrists. She's not sure what she wants to see, but she hopes she'll know at the count of 3.

"Two..."

Linh felt the atmosphere shift, especially with the water around, though it was something only Hydrokinetics would understand.

Biana was playing with her hair, twirling the ends around. Her hand was itching to grab ghe scroll from Sophie's hands and rip it open herself.

"Three..."

Sophie opened the scroll, enough for them to scan through the names. They all gasped, and at the same time, shouted "Yes!", making them all look at each other. Lihn started laughing, finding the situation weird and funny, and the rest of them followed suit.

"Why did you shouted 'yes'?" Sophie asked Linh, who was busy composing herself after that long laugh.

"Well, I know that both of you don't like each other that way, and you both like different people. I don't know who he likes though, same as you." She said, confirming Sophie's guess.

Through her memories, she remembered Tam as someone who's quiet, but also whom she trusted back in Exillium.

Though they had few memories together, she felt that she like him as a friend, and that his silent presence was reassuring at times, especially when you need someone to just listen.