17: First Day

Finally the day dawned. The day I awaited eagerly, yet dreaded the most. Today is going to be my first day at my new school. I eagerly awaited it because I would finally be able to get out of this house and I equally dreaded it because I was joining in late, and that would make me the 'new girl'.

Even though I didn't like my previous school, I still felt comfortable there. I knew the people there and, most importantly, I wasn't the new girl who joined in late. And the thought of having Jack and the twins there was even worse. All I was wishing and praying for, more than anything at this point, was that the school allowed me to join the school team, considering that I had joined late in the year.

I was up and ready early as usual, my backpack packed with things I thought I would need. I decided to go downstairs once I saw the sun was up. I opened the door to be greeted by an annoyed looking Lucas, who by the look of it was just about to knock at my door.
Once he saw me he straightened his posture and cleared his throat
"You are ready, good" He said with an approving nod. I just nod in response and make my way past him.

When I reached the dining room I was greeted by the sight of all my brothers assembled there. A  rare sight since the incident at the mall five days ago. After that day I hardly got to see more than two of my brothers at a time. Xavier, Owen, Mateo and Noah were caught up in work the whole time, at least that's what Liam told me.

I greet everyone before taking a seat next to Jason. They all looked tired and worn out, their swollen eyes and droopy faces evidence of their lack of sleep. A plate of scrambled eggs that was kept in front of me brought me out of my daze. I looked up to thank the person and was greeted with an unfamiliar face.

"Astoria, this is our helper Miss Jonas. She does all the house work for us," Jason said noticing my confused look.
I nod in response and murmur a quick, "It's nice to meet you Miss Jonas," to which she nodded with a pleasant smile, making me smile in return.

Once I was done with my breakfast I looked at Xavier for further instructions, not knowing who I was supposed to ride to school with. Xavier sends Owen a look, it's like they are having a silent conversation, I just observe not having the courage to interrupt. After sometime Owen gets up and goes out of the room, he returns soon with a dark purple velvet box in his hand. He takes my hand and gently guides me out of the room, with my other brothers following closely.

We reach the living room where he makes me take a seat on one of the sofas. Once I was seated he crouches in front of me and opens the dark purple velvet box. The box held a bracelet, but not any ordinary bracelet, this bracelet had the exact same symbol that my brothers had on their rings and on their cars.

"Bem vinda a casa Irmãzinha," Xavier said taking the bracelet from the box and placing it on my right hand and locking it in.
(Welcome home little sister)

I frowned in confusing, 'Why was he welcoming me home now'.

Owen brought me out of my thoughts when he placed something in my lap. I looked down to see and it was my phone, I looked back up at him, not knowing what to say.
"I wanted to give it back earlier, but never got the chance. I'm sorry I misunderstood you that time," he said. He quickly followed it up with a kiss on my forehead.

"Apology accepted!" I say with a smile and a kiss to his cheek, earning a sweet smile from him for the act of love.
"Okay now that we have that out of the way, let's come to the important part." 'Important part?', I thought to myself as I looked at Mateo, not comprehending what he was getting to.

"Astoria I need you to promise me that you will always, and I mean ALWAYS wear this bracelet whenever you are out of this mansion," Xavier uttered in a very serious tone. I was intrigued as to what was so special about this bracelet, but nonetheless promised him I would do as he says. They all nod in approval before Xavier continued,

"Like we have discussed before, you are to obey Jack and the twins. You will sit with them during lunch time and will be picked and dropped back by them. If you are going to be late, be sure to inform them. We have taken the privilege and liberty to enter all our contacts in your phone. Keep your grades up and stay out of trouble. Talking to boys is allowed only on the agreed conditions" With that said all of them move out of the room one by one.

I didn't miss the devilish smirk Jack and Lucas had when Xavier mentioned emphatically that I should obey them, and the way it fell off only to be replaced with an intrigued look they shared when he mentioned I can talk to boys. I mentally rolled my eyes at that.

Noah came up to me and wished me the best of luck for my first day. I made my way to the driveway and noticed that Jack and the twins were already seated comfortably in a silver Mercedes and were waiting for me. I quickly hopped into the back seat with Lucas who was already busy on his phone.

I now finally had the time to look at the bracelet intently. Though it was hidden under my sleeve, it was still noticeable. It had a S written in some fancy font in the middle of the symbol with a diamond engraving around it. And knowing my brothers, I could safely assume that the precious stones were probably genuine.

The symbol looked like some type of logo with the diamonds outlining its design. The beauty was of white gold with little diamonds all around it.

The bracelet tensed me up a wee bit, 'I better take great care of this, it looks like it costs a fortune' But it fitted and glowed on my wrist so perfectly. 'I love it,' I exclaimed to myself.

Jack's driving skills made the ride to school very short. Once we got there, I notice everyone's attention was on us, more specifically on my brothers. I did receive some curious and jealous stares but I chose to ignore them.
I tap Lorenzo's shoulder gaining his attention, him being the only one approachable amongst the three.

"Um... where exactly am I supposed to register?" I shyly asked him.

"Come along Irmãzinha, I'll get you signed in" He said with a small smile, to which I smiled back. We make our way to the office, where we are greeted by an elderly lady who smiles kindly at me but the smile soon disappears when she sees Lorenzo.

'Huh that's strange'

He asked for my schedule and was presented with it soon enough. Her hand trembled as she gave it to him. I found this really intriguing. I would have understood that kind of a behaviour if it were Jack or Lucas, but Enzo? It just didn't seem right.

Once I got my schedule, I was surprised to find some of my classes to be advanced. Lorenzo informed me that my schedule was adjusted so that my lunchtimes were the same as theirs. I was expecting that since Xavier had made it a point to mention to me more than once that I was to sit with my brothers at lunch.

We both make our way to classroom, Lorenzo being kind enough to walk me to my first class. As soon as I reach the door to my classroom, I start feeling the adrenaline rush through me. My head went light and my hands and legs shivered. However, Lorenzo did not notice anything. He wished me good luck and was on his way.

'Here goes nothing'

Author's Note :

A big thank you to all my readers for being so patient with me this update. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

Comment &vote

~Kia