【七十九】 fansign attack

it was a normal fansigning

it was a normal fansigning. the members of nct 127 were having lots of fun before the actual meet and greet. dayoung was seated between johnny and yuta when the first round of signing started. she was nothing but smiles and laughter, yelling across the table at the other members or entertaining the fan-cams. she had received many gifts from the nctzens she met and thought nothing could go wrong.

when intermission rolled around, it wasn't an exception.

"next time it's my birthday and everyone's acting sketchy, i'm looking everywhere for hidden cameras," dayoung said into the mic.

"but wasn't it clever?" haechan asked, laughing.

"your surprises made up for it, though," commented taeyong.

"yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes, a smile still plastered on her face.

after a few more conversations, the break ended and the second round of signings began. because dayoung was so immersed in the fans currently in front of her, she failed to notice a stare coming from a girl that mark was interacting with. mark brushed it off and thought she was just excited to meet dayoung, but as she moved closer, a bad feeling settled in his gut.

"bye bye~!" dayoung waved at the current fan before turning to the girl. "hi, there! what's your name?"

she reached for the fan's hand as she had previously done with the others only to have it be slapped away. a slight frown appeared on dayoung's face, replacing the cheery smile.

"don't touch me," the fan scowled.

dayoung was wearing a black, leather choker with a silver circle pendant and the girl was quick to take advantage of it. she harshly tugged on the circle so the two were only inches apart. the boys beside them were startled. the fan's free hand came up, ready to hit her. dayoung flinched back and tried to grab the girl's wrist but another hand was faster.

"let go."

there was a furious expression on yuta's face as his grip tightened on the girl's. horrified, she let dayoung's choker go and two security guards came to take her out of the venue. once she was out of sight, yuta immediately pulled dayoung into his arms.

"are you okay, yin?"

dayoung slowly nodded, having a hard time trying to process what had just happened since it was so quick. the other boys gathered around, expressing their concerns and worries.

"unnie!" a voice shouted from the crowd.

when she peaked at the fans from under yuta's arm, her body warmed at the sight of everyone holding up hearts to her.

"are you alright?!"
"we love you!"
"nctzen will always protect you!"

their words filled dayoung's heart with gratitude and happiness to its maximum extent, the boys' too. their youngest member reached for a mic and put on a small smile.

"i'm okay, czennies!" she said, giggling. "i love you all so much more. let's protect each other!"

終。
check point! how is everyone doing so far? how's school / work / etc.? hopefully you guys are happy and healthy despite this whole ordeal ('')*:・゚✧ i <3 you all v v v v mucho pls stay safe and take precautions and my messages are always open hehe