Chapter 23

Jemma's POV

It's the last day of the week and last day of my final exams. The exams were brutal but I made it through. Alessandro was a darling, my husband was so supportive. He was there when I needed him and guess what? He also hired tutors for all of my subjects so that I can get extra help. He gave me space when I needed it, he just knew what I needed even before I realized it myself. Guys my husband is amazing and I am one lucky girl.

I am so excited to be finished with my exams as I have to focus on the wedding arrangements. I will be walking down the isle to the man of my dreams in a week and there are a million things that still need to be done. I am officially married to Alessandro on paper, we just signed a marriage certificate when I turned 18 ( a year ago) with my parents and his friend as our witness. It was so private and intimate, just what I needed at the time.

This time around we are going all out. It will probably be the society wedding of the year as The Who and who of the upper elite is invited. My friends from school are also invited, our extended families also. The wedding is going to be big; massive. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I have no doubts that Alessandro is it for me, but now that everyone will know my secret my whole life is going to change. My husband is a big deal in the business world, he has been New York's bachelor of the year for the past 5 years in a row. He has graced the front covers of GQ and Forbes magazines respectively a dozen times.

The fact that he is married is unknown and this was done to protect my identity so that I can have a normal school year. I am proud to be Mrs Alessandro Tetrazzini and I am looking forward to making our marriage public. There is a lot to be done for this wedding and several tabloids have gotten a scoop of our impending nuptials, they have started camping outside our home and this has caused Alessandro to quadruple our security personnel.

I have close to 5 wedding planners helping me to pull this off. They are all so helpful and respect my opinion at all times. Today I am trying my wedding dress at an exclusive bridal shop in Manhattan. The wedding dresses in this bridal shop all start at above a million dollars. I am going to change 3 times therefore I need 3 dresses that will knock Alessandro's senses off. Money is not a problem...I am a billionaire now.

I will have to publicly change my surname to
Tetrazzini. In a weeks time, I will be know as Jemma Tetrazzini, it's a scary and exciting. My husband is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to money and his personality. He is an alpha male throughout and my worry is what if I am not good enough for him. What if he gets bored with me and falls in love with someone in his league, an alpha woman? I am a nobody and I am not special.

My other worry is my weight gain as well as being nauseous all the time. I get tired easily and I cry about everything. Alessandro wanted to call the doctor but I told him that we will only see the doctor after the wedding. There is still so much to do and I don't have time. He agreed reluctantly of course. My only focus now is the wedding.

I get a text from Alessandro as I am fitting the last dress...
Hubby: Angel, I am about to leave the office and head home now, are you done at the bridal shop?...PS: I miss you so bad
Wifey:Almost done my love, I will be home in less than 30 minutes...PS: it's torture being away from you
Hubby: I have a surprise for you...
Wifey: A surprise for me? I can't wait. I am on my way home now
Hubby: I love you and please drive safe
Wifey: I love you too...