Chapter Forty-One: Ciaran

There's a burning sensation in my stomach that I can't seem to get rid of. Something is wrong but I can't think of what it could possibly be.

I could feel my body but why couldn't I move? Am I bound? Who the fuck would tie me up and leave me like this?

I could feel bile rise up my throat. The acidic feel and taste of it on my parched mouth is disgusting.

I feel sick at the thought that someone did this to me. That someone took it upon himself to hurt me. Why? What did I do? And what in the world happened?

I suddenly felt panic and fear. Everything inside my head is a massive blur to me but I know I'm missing something, something very important that could spell life or death. But I can't remember what it is. Why can't I remember? Damn it!

"The high council demands your presence at court." I heard someone speak not far from where I was. The voice sounded familiar, like I've heard it before but who is it? "This is the third summon brother, if you don't go now..."

"Do you think I care for what they would do to me? For what they want?" An irritated voice spoke up.

I don't know why but when I heard the sound of that voice I felt like whining. I don't like the sound of it. No, not the voice itself oddly enough that sounded soothing even if the tone was not right to my ears. The speaker was clearly upset and I've got a funny feeling in my gut that I don't like it when that person is upset. It makes me want to tear someone's fucking head off!

"I am not leaving until Ciaran wakes up..."

Who's the hell is Ciaran? And why does this person have to leave when he wakes up? I don't want him to go. I need him here! His presence, his voice... He is the only thing that makes sense to me right now.

I wanted to open my eyes to tell him not to leave but I think I already have them open. I am conscious, aren't I? But why can't I see anything? Why the hell is it so fucking dark? Where in the world am I?

Shit! Now that I think about it...

Who am I? Why can't I remember anything?

I could feel something stirring inside of me, a presence of another. It was menacing, strong and fairly unpredictable but curiously it doesn't scare me. If anything, I want to connect myself with it, if that ever makes sense. But how do I do that? I feel like if I do connect with it I'm bound to remember something. Perhaps even that very important thing that I fucking forgot. I can tell it's seriously pissed off. It's clawing to get out, to come loose. What would happen if I allow it to break free? It seems like it wants to take over, if I let it how could I guarantee that it wouldn't devour me?

Let me loose... The voice inside my head commanded.

I was surprised it could talk, that it could communicate with me.

What the hell is it? Shit, I hope it's not some type of parasite or disease.

For fuck's sake for once in your fucking life do as you're told! It screamed irritably. Just let me loose stop suppressing me god damn it!

I don't like its attitude. I have a feeling I'm not the type of person who likes being dominated by another. I don't take orders very well. Actually, I'm damn sure I'm used to giving orders not receiving them.

Shut up! I snapped. Stop distracting me. I need to figure out how to get out here. I need to stop that person from leaving.

What person? It asked. The one who spoke up earlier?

Yes! I need to stop him from leaving. I answered. I don't know where I am or who I am but I need that person to stay here. He's the only one that makes sense to me. Don't ask me why I just... I...