Chapter 5 - Goodbye Life

I am an awful speller so please correct me if there is any mistakes

Four days later

Percy

My arms are limp above me and my legs no longer hold my weight.

I can't escape from here. If I still had Paradora's Pithus I would open it right here, right now.

I can't hold on any longer. My facade is failing. The pain increase everyday and I can't hold on any longer. The water they brings me heals me a tiny bit but I can never let it completely. I may give up but that doesn't mean they can have that victory. They will never know that demigods exist. I don't want them beaten and bruised for my failure.

Come on Percy one more battle, I argue with myself.

But the battle is through. Fate has run it's course. This is my destiny. I have fought for too long and I can't any more. Not with so many gone. The argument is through. Life lost.

I weigh my options in my head. Blood lost would be the quickest way to die but they will never let that happen. Next comes dehydration, I nearly laugh at the irony - the seas child dying as they didn't have water. This would be a painful way to die at will take a week, maybe less with my level of blood loss. The final is starvation, it will be long, hard and is my final option as I swore long ago I would never beg for death. At least not out loud.

My mind works away thinking about the easiest way as a drift off to sleep.

--- Time Skip --- (2 hours)

I wake up to the sound of gun fire. The smell of smoke. What is happening out there? I strain my ears trying to hear voices but they are muffled by the explosions racketing against them.

I try to pull myself to my feet, the weight of my body is almost to much to bare. When they gave up with electric shocks they went old fashioned; using knifes and hands to break me. It worked but maybe there is a chance I can escape. If I am caught in the crossfire or manage to escape they won't have me anymore. A spark of hope lit inside of me. Maybe I will get out of here. One way or the other.

A voice reached me, "There is one in hear." I looked up at the door daring to hope it was this room he was talking about. I have heard no other screams but that didn't mean that my neighbours aren't home.

The door was pushed open and a man was standing there. He was dressed in all black which match the colour of his hair. His eyes were brown and held the look do determination. He had a faint beard and a face harden with many a battle. A gun was held firmly in his hands with a pistol strapped to his leg. A cut ran down the left hand side of his face, remaining me of a lost "enemy".

"Well, well," he asked, "why we you in hear?"

"They think I am a terrorist who blow up a strawberry field."

"No if you were just that you would be in Guantanamo Bay. What are you?"

"Why does everyone ask me that question?"

He brings his gun up and aims it at my head, "Tell me, or you won't live till tomorrow."

" 'I am not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.' Plus I have seen, done and lost more than a seventeen year old ever should. Death will never scare me now and if we meet it will be as two old friends as I have walked hand in hand with him so many times before." I glare at him the best I can in these chains, "Can't you people just accept that I will never tell you."

He smiles, "Correct answer." He lowers his gun and goes to unlock my chains.

I final process what he said and all I can think to say is, "Wait, what?"

"Perseus Jackson, welcome to Hydra."

Dun. Dun. Dun. Who expected that?

Sorry the chapter is so short but I had to leave it there.

Please comment what you think

I won't be able to update next week so I am doing a double bill this week (and leaving you with a cliff hanger for more than a week 😁)

Quote is by Jean Giraudoux