Chapter 16

As requested by a passionate reader. Here is another chapter all in the same day. @ZaraleePetersen.. I hope you enjoy.

Bria's POV

The following morning I rose at the sound of my alarm and tiredly made my way to the shower to get ready for school. As a matter of fact, forget school, I got ready for my annihilation. Last night I did something that I had never done in my whole life. I dared not do such a thing. Yet one kiss from Ace and suddenly I'm too grown to listen to my mom. She is definitely gonna kill me.

After getting dressed, I paced my room and thought of all the ways I would beg and plead for mercy. What was I thinking? I was never the type to disobey my mom. Now here I am nervous, pacing and grounded for life. I rubbed my hands together and said a small prayer before exiting the room.

"Mom?" I called when I got downstairs. I looked around but she was no where in sight. I sighed in relief and was about to gather some ingredients to make breakfast when her voice came from behind me.

"Don't you dare touch anything in this house! You think you grown? Then you'll be treated as such!"

"What am I suppose to eat?"

"I don't know, maybe you can ask whoever is responsible for your change in attitude!"

"Mom..."

"Don't you mom me! You had your chance to speak with me but you chose to ignore me"
I hung my head in shame. I'm not a big fan of punishment but at this point I would much prefer being punished.

"I'm leaving." I told her and made my way over to the table to get my car keys. She stopped me in my tracks and grabbed my car keys herself.

"Bye! I guess you won't be needing these. After all, you grown enough to slam my door so I assume you're grown enough to buy a car as well."

"How am I suppose to get to school?"

"Again, you can ask who ever is making you feel like you grown"

"Mom, I'm sorry"

"Oh now you sorry?" She asked. I sighed and bade her good bye before disappearing through the door. Why does she have to be so petty? How am even suppose to get to school? At least she didn't take my phone in her petty fit.

An idea came to mind and I decided to ask Josh for a favor. Of course he agreed to come for me as I'm his favorite. He picked me up from down the street where Ace had picked me up to take me to the beach and drove me to school. He asked a few questions and I answered him as honestly as possible making sure to leave out the whole Ace being there problem.

"Where were you anyway?" he asked after my summarized version of all that transpired.

"Like I said, I was outside. She just didn't see me"

"Then why didn't she call Ash?" he asked as he pulled into his parking spot in the school.

"To be honest, I really don't know. Maybe she just needed a reason to punish me."

"Nah you did that all by yourself. I can't believe you're still alive after all of this." I rolled my eyes at him and got out the car. He chuckled and came around to my side. We were about to head to the Mango tree when Ace pulled up and dropped Ash off. I guess the two really did kiss and make up. She got out of the vehicle and slammed the door behind her. I think I might've spoken too soon.

"Hey!" An angry Ace got from the car and marched over to Ash who was now making her way in our direction. He roughly grabbed her hand and spun her around to face him.