c h a p t e r t w e l v e : m i l e h i g h c l u b

m i l e h i g h c l u b

d o m i n i k

I felt my stomach churn uneasily at my precious baby's tears as she hugged her father tightly around his waist. Killian was no better, though he tried to hide his emotions from the pack members who were all equally heartbroken at the though of Isla leaving them, he let a few tears fall as well as he kissed his daughter's temple for what seemed like the last time. I tried to empathize with him, with them, but they have had her for more than a decade and a half. Sixteen years blessed with such a beautiful and pure soul to lighten their days and now, the Moon Goddess claimed to gift her to me for all eternity. After many years of feeling an emptiness in my heart it was finally time for me to be happy and to feel wanted.. no, needed by someone.

It made my wolf and I excited for our future with our babygirl. All the places I'll get to let her see and enjoy. Teach her things she wasn't allowed to here. I understood, to an extent, the Tacete pack's reasons. They were afraid to show her the beauty of the world around her because she'd be too curious, so they had only warned her of the dangers that she may come to face, yet not the entirety of what was truly a threat to her since she was a mere pup.

But she had me now. For always and forever, I will be there to save and protect her from whatever there is that would even have the thought of harming her. And looking around the small pack and comparing it to mine, where each and every wolf was made to be an enforcer, I knew Isla would be safer with me than here.

My eyes wandered and caught sight of Caleb standing just by the edge of the trees, watching solemnly as his family embraced his sister without him. Some of the flesh wounds I've inflicted upon him had already healed, leaving dried patches and streaks of blood along his skin but anyone can tell that I did a number on him. My wolf growled in my head. He wanted to rip into him more, but I digressed and approached him despite my wolf's incessant grumbling to just leave our adorable mate's stupid brother in his misery.

Neither of us spoke for awhile, and quite honestly I didn't know how to approach situations like this. I'm used to handling alphas and beating their egos down with words, and occasionally with my fists, but this matter is totally different from that because he is an important person to my babygirl. One that I could even say I owed for finding Isla that faithful day on the meadow. And despite his earlier words about her I knew he hadn't meant what he said; but that didn't justify his actions and I would gladly let my wolf tear into him again.

"I bet you're ecstatic right now." Caleb started, eyes flicking towards where I stood beside him before returning to where everyone was saying their goodbyes. "She'll be all yours."

The hair in the back of my neck bristled in anger and mild annoyance at his words.

"Yes, her love will be mine and her soul will complete mine." I answered. "But she is still her own person so I should remind you to not refer to her as an object."