-vii. calm down

❛ I'm not gonna argue ❜

I'm not gonna argue

Remember the night prior when Claire knew she was bound to give Potter an answer and knew exactly what she was going to say? Yes, well that didn't work out so she did the only thing that sounded reasonable. She hid, in the Library. She loved the boy but knew this was the last place he and his brain would ever go.

It was so easy for her to get lost in some sort of astronomy textbook or something but it was just as easy for her to get distracted. She grew bored with the constellations and stood up to search for a new read. When she entered an aisle that seemed to have caught her attention for some reason, she couldn't turn around when she came face to face with him. She thought about turning around and running but it was no use. She'd crack eventually. Why not in a library, right? Wait, wrong-

"Labelle! I figured you'd be here. Well I didn't, but Remus did," he gave her a suggestive look followed by his beautiful smirk that always made her heart melt. This occasion, however, her heart was beating out of her chest and she wouldn't have been surprised if it just departed from her body entirely.

"Hm, yep that's very nice but I have to get going now. It was great seeing you, really, we should do this-"

"Have you thought about it?" he interrupted. Claire let out a huff.

"Well, how could I not? This isn't really something you hear every day."

"Fair. Well, do you, ya know, have an answer?"

She took a moment to think before letting out a breath, "Let me just fully understand what you're trying to say. You want to pretend to date me in the hopes that Lily Evans, did you know I literally hate her, doesn't matter, in the hopes that she'll be like 'oh my goodness, wait I actually love James Potter.'" Claire let out an exasperated sigh that made James laugh for a moment until he realized she was mocking Lily. "Ya know, it's just really not clicking for me I don't understand. . ."

"I think you do understand because that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Of course, she wouldn't say 'wait I actually love James Potter' it'd more like an 'oh my how could I have not fallen head over heels for this man'-"

"Boy," Claire cut in. He looked at her blankly.

"You get the idea."

"Yep, I do."

"So, what do you say?"

"I say you're out of your mind."