Chapter 17

I brushed off the familiar feeling inside my chest. The moment I felt his hand loosened the grip on my hand I retrieved it immediately bringing it back to my lap.

"Hey, are you not feeling well today?" A stiff smile is plastered on my face. Sehun leaned back as his hands that were once encapsulating my hand started to turn to withdraw and returned to his sides.

"Perhaps, I am." He heaved a deep sigh as he closed his eyes and let the car seat support his weight. His left hand went to his face and his slender fingers gently rest on top of his forehead. His lips parted as he exhaled sharply.

"I'm sorry." He said in a weak voice.

"Hm." I forgave him. As I fixed the way I sit I couldn't strike another conversation since the atmosphere began to be awkward.

The sound of the engine running and the soft honk of the other cars were all we could hear, if we were not careful in breathing softly it can be heard immediately. Even gulping my saliva began to take a toll on me as it was too loud for me.

"Young Miss and Sir, we are here." When I heard Uncle's voice I freely gulped the pooling saliva inside my cheeks and jolted up to look out the window.

We are just going to make a turn to arrive at the hotel's entrance. Before the car stopped I had already started to unbuckle my seatbelt and fixed my uniform. I didn't want to talk to Sehun for now so I tried my best to move without turning to his direction.

A few seconds later the car finally pulled up and Uncle unlocked the doors, as soon as the doors were unlocked my hand reached out to open it and step outside. I turned to face the door and slammed it closed.

In my field of vision Sehun is stepping out of the car too with his bag in his left hand and Uncle went out to close the door for him.

I turned around and waited for my periphery to catch a glimpse of him. He was a taller than me and his legs were long so it just took a few steps for him to reach me.

"Let's go?" I nodded in response as I try to shrug this uncomfortable feeling.

We went to the reception and got the room number we're assigned.

We've been walking for a few seconds but it felt like hours to me already, nobody was talking, all we could hear were the voices of those random people we passed by and the sound of cutleries as some servers were waiting tables.

My head was just looking straight ahead without daring to turn to his side as he was cooly walking beside me until we reached our room.

His hand reached out and opened the door, a dimmed room welcomed us.

Everyone was chatting and when they noticed the door opened and their attention were suddenly fixated on us.

"Good evening auntie and uncle." I smiled as I greeted the two people who's looks were termed as unreal because of how beautiful they look tonight.

Mother who was chatting with Sehun's parent stood up and opened her arms in midair.

"Thank goodness you're both here!" I went to her and she gave me a short hug as she eventually pulled back and went to Sehun and gave him one too as if he was also her child.

Sehun was good natured enough to receiver her dotting hug. It made me smile when I saw how uncomfortable he was of my mother dotting on him. She finally let go of him and patted his head asking him how he's been.

"Sweety, both if you sit down. You must both be famished by now." Father spoke up as his hand motioned the empty seats on each side of the table.