30

—

It was currently around midnight and I laid in the other bed as Dexter laid in the other. I watched as Alejandro took the couch, but I noticed that he wasn't asleep yet.

"Ale?" I softly called out, keeping out a low tone and making sure to not wake up Dexter, who was heavily snoring.

"Hm?" He laid on his back, shirtless as he looked up at the ceiling with a hand behind his head. I wonder what he was thinking about.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" I questioned him, slowly sitting up. He was yet in the same position before shrugging.

"I could ask the same to you," he then finally turned to look at me, "Why aren't you? Too busy thinking about me?" He smirked, asking me.

I blushed a deep shade of red but was thankful he couldn't see me or else I'd pray the ground would open up and swallow me, "Maybe." I teased him, but then my thoughts hit me and questions began to run through my mind. I still wanted to know what Dexter meant.

"I'll tell you." Alejandro spoke up. I furrowed my eyebrows, "You said that out loud," He lowly chuckled before sitting up and slipping on his t-shirt, "Let's talk right outside." He nodded his head towards Dexter and I nodded my head, slipping on my shoes and following Alejandro outside the motel room.

"So? What is it?" I asked once I closed the door behind him gently, carefully so it won't wake up Dexter. Alejandro sighed and leaned against the railing, before gesturing me to come closer, I did as I was told and I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"I don't wanna scare you but," he paused, placing his forehead against mine, "He kind of threatened to kill me if I hurt you." As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I pulled away as my heart started to rapidly pace.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it, right?" I asked. All brothers say that just to scare people away, but considering Dexter was in some sort of gang during the purge, I prayed that he didn't mean to actually threaten Alejandro.

"If I tell you he pointed a gun at me, would that answer your question?" Alejandro frowned, running a hand through his hair before sighing heavily. I gulped, I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest any moment now.

"Oh my god." I placed a hand over my mouth, I felt the tears scroll through my face. Never have I thought Dexter would turn out to be like this. Alejandro noticed and quickly pulled me in a hug, rubbing my back.

"Shh, I'm sure he was just trying to scare me," Alejandro paused, pulling away and lifting my chin so I could look at him, "And plus, never in a million years would I hurt you, alright?" He mumbled. I nodded my head and quickly wiped away my tears.

I prayed that Dexter wouldn't do anything stupid, I quickly pulled away from Alejandro once we heard the door open from behind.

"What's going on out here?" We turned to face, Dexter standing there, a tired look on his face but he looked quite pissed as he glared at Alejandro.

This wasn't going to be good, but I had to confront him.