FOUR

DIVER DOWN

"Let me show you a party trick." JJ said as he made his way to the front of the boat. "Hey, Pope can you go a little faster please?" He stood up onto the nose of the boat with a smug smirk forming on his face.

"Oh, God here we go. I'm movin'" John B said as he moved away from JJ to sit down. "It doesn't work we've tried this like six thousand times." He grabbed River's wrist and pulled her away. So that she didn't get covered in beer.

JJ watched the small interaction between the pair and reminded himself that he had no right to be jealous. He noticed the way that John B's arm wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her into his chest.

"I got this. It's gonna work." JJ shouted as he held the beer up in the air and opened his mouth.

"Oh my God you're getting beer in my hair." Kie exclaimed as she quickly stood up and moved away. She scrunched her face up in disgust at the boy.

"Oh my God." Pope shook his head in disbelief.

"JJ that's gross, quit it." River said, pulling herself away from John B and making her way to JJ and slapping the back of his leg gently.

"Alright, alright stop." Pope said as the boat jolted and came to a quick stop, making JJ fly forward and into the water.

Her eyes widened as she watched his body hurtle towards the warred. She was flung forward slightly, her back slamming against one of the chairs, she was almost positive that it was going to leave a bruise.

"JJ." River shouted, noticed the way that the blonde boy quickly resurfaced. The girl let out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding once she knew that he was okay.

"Jesus, Pope." Kie said regaining her balance. She looked towards River and offered her a small head nod, silently asking if she was okay. River nodded in return.

"You okay, JJ?" John B questioned as everyone turned to look at the boy curiously.

"I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ groaned in pain as he just floated in the water for a minute.

"Kie, R.C, are you okay?" John B asked the girls. He cared deeply about both of them. They were his family.

"I'm alright." Kie nodded.

"Yup, all good here." River groaned, sitting at the front of the boat.

Her back was aching, but it wasn't nothing that she could deal with. She was more concerned about JJ, despite him being seemingly okay.

"Pope what did you do?" JJ questioned, swimming back towards the boat. He noticed the way that River was watching him carefully, and couldn't help but smile.

"Sandbar. The channel changed." Pope answered with a shrug.

"No shit." JJ rolled his eyes in response.

He was thankful that he didn't have anything remotely valuable on his person, otherwise that would have been lost in the marsh.

"Ugh this is probably gonna mess this whole place up." John B said looking around the marsh, it would probably take them a while to figure out a route that wouldn't send someone flying overboard.

"Hey, I saved the beer though." JJ smirked holding up the beer. He was so proud of himself. It wasn't like he was going to drink it, but he still managed to save it.

"Congrats, JJ." John B mumbled.

JJ held his hand up for River to help pull him up, which the girl did almost immediately, she wrapped her arm around his wrist in attempt to haul him back up onto the boat. But before the girl even got a chance, she noticed the way that JJ smirked, his body not moving a muscle.