prologue

prologue; REMEMBER MY LAST

In the quaint town of Little Whinging, there resided a street by the name of Privet Drive

In the quaint town of Little Whinging, there resided a street by the name of Privet Drive. It was filled with houses that were built far too close together and if the numbers weren't painted on the brown bricks, you wouldn't have been able to tell which house was which.

Because they were all the same.

It wasn't just the houses that were all alike, it was the people who resided in them also.

Whether it be small families, young couples, or the elderly, they all shared a few things in common, they were nosy gossips who needed to know everything there was to know about their neighbours, from what they were purchasing at the stores down to who was visiting.

Each of the residents knew of Daisy Evans, the ever darling Petunia's wayward kid sister who she had lovingly and selflessly taken in even though she had a newborn to wrangle after their parents had tragically passed and the middle child had refused to even consider housing the twelve year old.

At least, that's what the neighbours had been told by the eldest Evans sister when passing by in the street.

See, two of the Evans sister's had recently given birth when Henry and Marigold Evans had passed tragically in a fire caused by a gas leak that their youngest just barely gotten out of, but while Petunia Dursley had been rather reluctant to take in the baby of the family at first due to her spending all of her time with Dudley and being afraid to accidentally neglect her traumatised sister, Lily had wanted nothing more than for Daisy to come and live with her and her husband, as well as their newborn, from the moment she had learned of her parents untimely demise.

But the middle Evans daughter was currently stuck in the middle of a war that she and her husband were in hiding because of and she would never wish to subject a twelve year old to a life on the run from the Darkest Wizard her world had seen in years, moving from house to house weeks at a time, living in fear and having no stability.

And thus, Daisy moved to Privet Drive and found herself living in the smallest room of the house ("Dudley's nursery is there and we can't allow guests so little space." Her brother-in-law Vernon had scoffed when Petunia offered her one of the bigger rooms) and Daisy went about her life at a new school, helping Petunia with Dudley when she could, and going to therapy once a month to deal with any trauma that remained from the fire that she had almost died in.

Still, Daisy wished to see Lily who wanted the same and two months after Daisy had been living with her sister, a woman came to the door with a letter from Lily confirming that this woman would take her to see visit her sister, brother-in-law, and nephew.

Marlene continued to bring Daisy to various locations over the next nine months until it was a raven-haired woman who met Daisy at Mrs Figg's house on Wisteria Walk like she had every month since ("That sort isn't allowed near my home!" Petunia had told Daisy when Marlene had first shown up) and introduced herself as Emmeline who would be taking over for Marlene.