* . ˡⁱˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳ ᶠˡᵃʷˢ.

༉˚*ೃ 𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐒.

flaws are the most important thing you can give your character! they make your oc feel human and real, not just some perfect, untouchable model of a human being. they can be the difference between your character being a stereotypical, stale cut-out or an interesting character your readers will root for!

some of these flaws can also be attributes in certain circumstances, and may turn into a positive attribute over-time with development. it's also important to consider which of these may be your character's fatal flaws (also known as tragic flaws): a flaw or character defect in a tragedy's hero that eventually brings about his or her ruin.

traits are characteristics or distinguishing qualities belonging to a person that are formed by a person's behaviour, personal beliefs, and attitude towards others. everyone has good and bad character traits. traits are formed by genetics, environment, how you are raised, quality of life, milestones and significant moments, friends and family (those you surround yourself with), and trauma. 

absent-minded   ━   preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings. daydreaming, inattentive, oblivious, forgetful .

abusive   ━   characterised by the improper infliction of physical or psychological maltreatment towards another .

addicted   ━   one who is addicted to a compulsive activity. gambling, cigarettes, drugs, sex, etc .

aimless   ━   devoid of direction or purpose .

alcoholic   ━   a person who drinks alcohol habitually and to excess .

anxious   ━    full of mental distress or uneasiness, because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried; solicitous .

arrogant   ━   having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance. inclined to social exclusiveness, rebuffs the advances of people considered inferior. snobbish.