chapter 13

ain saw zarkhan in the doorway , her eyes fell to her hands which were placed in her lap.but that second was enough for zarkhan to know her condition. her eyes were red from crying , her cheeks a bit puffy . 

his heart clenched seeing her in this condition , he closed the door and moved near her .she had started shivering by then , her lower lip was trembling , life was looking difficult , she wasn't able to accept him as her husband or her life with him .

zarkhan wanted to see her happy , he felt her sadness in him at that moment .he planned to talk to her , to show how happy he was , but seeing her like this , he couldnt get a sentence out . 

he looked at her for a few minutes , seeing the sad beauty and then took out the gift he had got for her . he placed it beside her on the bed . ain didnt lift her head even to see that gift . 

zarkhan pinched his lips to control his emotions , then placed a hand on her bent head " nikkah mubarak " he said in a gruff voice and got out . 

ain felt her heart stopping , it was the first time he had touched her .but like his words , his touch wasnt harsh . it was the first time , she felt something for him which wasnt negative.

shah gul entered the room after a few minutes with food for her ." ain eat it , and then you can rest " she said as she placed the food on table .she left the room after that . 

ain ate a bit and then went to change in her night clothes . when she returned to bed , her eyes fell on the box . she picked the blue box and opened it out of curiosity , but got the shock of her life . it was a beautiful diamond ring in lily design . lily was her favorite flower . " how does he know about it ?" she questioned herself .but then shook her head taking it as a coincidence . she placed the box in the side drawer and got up.

she didn't know he had noticed her interest in the lilies. her eyes went to lilies like a magnet sitting in the garden . 

she fell asleep deciding to stop thinking about everything . she was tired emotionally and physically , 

on the other hand , zarkhan spent the night smoking. he would have preferred to drink , but he couldn't do it there.he was thinking about ain , how to handle her . he didn't want her crying .

next morning , ain got up feeling fresh . she remembered the events of the last day but decided to not focus on it . nikkah was done , but raisha had promised her that ruksti wont happen without her wish .

shahgul knocked the door and came in . after ain freshened up , she helped ain get ready. they went to the breakfast table after that . bi jaan was in her in her room , she had eaten the breakfast early , as she needed to take her medicines . 

ain took a seat beside raisha , who smiled at her " slept well ?" she asked ain . 

ain smiled and nodded .ain had placed omlet in her plate , when she saw zarkhan enter . she quickly looked at her plate . zarkhan took a seat , the breakfast was done with light talks . shahzain and shahgul wanted to tease the couple , but the hard look from zarkhan kept them in check . ain quickly got up after finishing her omlet . she was feeling nervous , scared and alot of feelings in presence which she couldnt name . 

after she went outside ,raisha said looking at zarkhan " she has hardly eaten anything "

" let me handle her . if you want everything to be fine " zarkhan said and got up himself . he planned to give her space, but seeing her behavior now ,he knew that even after a week nothing was going to change like this . he needed to do something . 

------------------------

salaam readers! heres an update :)