5.6

The rest of the day was like any other day at school. Narisa Zeno finished up his school activities, and went back to his apartment. True to his words, Tendou Yagami wasn't seen at all during the school day because he skipped his classes.

As Narisa Zeno took off his shoes at the front door, he walked inside the apartment. Following his memories, he walked into the bedroom that was now his. There wasn't anything extravagant inside the apartment, the design itself was simple and the original soul hadn't bothered to decorate it much.

The first thing that Narisa Zeno did upon entering the room was to throw his body onto the bed, enjoying the comfort as he relaxed onto it. After what Narisa Fuchikawa had told him and what Yoku Shida had explained, Narisa Zeno knew that something involving both of these two things were going to happen either to him or Tendou Yagami. And then, after closing his eyes for a few second, he opened them again to look at the desk at the corner that had a laptop on it.

After debating for a while inside his head, Narisa Zeno got up and walked towards it. First, he was going to gather up some information about any cases of thieveries or robberies that had happened. Although Narisa Zeno could get Fei Shang to help him, after discovering part of his past life and knowing how close he was to him, he didn't feel like it was right to keep asking of things from him.

As Narisa Zeno began typing up things and searching the websites that his eyes came upon on, he also wrote some things on a blank piece of paper. The people who committed such crimes were never found, but the police was able to determine that it was more than one person and that all the cases were connected to one another. Each of the houses that had been robbed belonged to either students of Shinaku or Takimura.

Narisa Zeno really thought that all these people probably belonged in a gang too, and that the leader of this gang was the person who was going to be coming after him as Yoku Shida had said.

Narisa Zeno's fingers twitched all of a sudden as he felt a pain. His face suddenly distorted as he remembered one important thing he had forgotten. The original soul had died from lung cancer, and even though Narisa Zeno had taken over the body, it was still the same body.

(Fei Shang, I have lung cancer, right?)

It took a moment before Fei Shang was able to reply, and Narisa Zeno swore he couldn't hear a slight change from Fei Shang's normal tone.

[Yes, Host. But there is no need to fret, I will be able to modify your body and get rid of the cancer. It will take around a ten hours before it disappears so there's no need to worry.]

Hearing this, Narisa Zeno couldn't helped but sigh in relief.

(That's good. Oh, and Fei Shang, you are still in the original world, right?)

Once again, there was a pause as Fei Shang pondered about whether he could answer the question or not. Finally, he decided that it should be alright.

(Yes, I am still in the original world.]

(That means that everything you told me about yourself was a lie.)

[That...is correct, Host. My meeting with you was staged, but I waited for your death before I could get in contact with you. My role with you is also something that took years to plan and everything I told you from the beginning was mixed with truths and lies.]

Narisa Zeno merely nodded unconsciously.

(Wait, are you able to see me?)

[I can, Host. But only when I wish to, otherwise, I keep that feature closed.]

(I see...Is Baicheng and Xue Lu still alive?)

[Yes, Host. In fact, they have even more power now.]