Chapter 57

Even from underwater, you could hear a loud rumbling thunder. The water around you only vibrates a little, but due to your powers, the vibration was strong from within your form.

"That must be Eren..." you thought. So, it's already begun. Paradis Island's attack on Marley.

It was then reality began to sink in. Eren prompted in his letters to show no mercy during the attack but realizing now. You were in the same position you've tried so desperately to free yourself from.

You were killing civilians...children. 

"...." Your mind flashed to those kids. They're probably dead now. So why...? Why did you feel so terrible?

Porco...Pieck. They were heading right this way to your area. Right into a trap that could most likely kill them both.

"..." Part of wish it didn't. Even if this doesn't kill them, they'll be put out of commission for a while.

It's just about time now.

Your mouth opened as rumbling vibrations were let out. An ability you read to be "echolocation", which allowed you to feel presences you wouldn't be able to see from underwater.

You haven't been training it enough for you to see locations in a large range, but just enough to see from around the port. 

You sensed incoming war ships closing in towards the ports, these ships would have been a problem if you all didn't come prepared. Out of all the large ships, you were able to sense a tinier boat floating alongside them.

"Armin..." you thought. He's awaiting your signal.

Your eyes drifted towards the port, being able to sense figures approaching the area. That must be Porco and Pieck approaching. They sensed your vibration after all.

Then...you hesitated. There was really no going back from this. Porco and Pieck could die from this. Were you really going to live with that?

"Shit!" you cursed. Were you seriously having a conscious now!? Now is not the time! You already chose this path the moment you were asked. So now why are you having second thoughts!?

Is it because of the thought of killing innocent civilians? The thought that Armin is about to shed blood? Or the thought that you feel guilty for betraying those you once called friends?

You closed your eyes and just decided to pull the trigger. Letting out the signal.

"Armin...we got 'em" 

And with that, you swam away fast from the area.

As you got farther and farther away, the waters began to shake and rise. An explosion could be heard from above as you felt the pressure of the water pulling and pushing at you. 

The Colossal Titan has just launched its attack. 

—--

Moments before your signal was let out, Pieck and Porco were approaching the docks, hearing the loud horns from the war ships entering the area.

"Hey Porco..." Pieck asked.

"What?"

"Do you think...that vibration we felt before. Do you think it was her? Sprout?"

"You still call her that?"

"Never exactly got over it. And neither did you either."

"..."

"You think it's her too?"

"..."

"So we both know that this is a trap."