two

+ reunion +

+ reunion +

I wasn't sure why but as soon as anyone said home I could only imagine the house down by the lake, the white panelling one the front of it a little rotted. The house where I had sat on the front steps and sharpened the blades of my trident for years, Kai showing me how to do it as he did his own as well. It was the image that had sat in the back of my brain in the arena, the thought of being able to see it again keeping my feet moving every day.

So when we arrived at my new house in Victors Village, the white house with millions of large windows staring at us, it wasn't what I was expecting. There was about 15 houses in the village, but currently only two of them had occupants, or I guess three of them now. I stood there on the gravel path as my whole family made their way inside, Kai stopping as he saw that I was still staring at the house, standing at the top of the stairs.

"You coming?" he asked me as I looked over at him, nodding my head as I swallowed the lump in my throat, walking up the stairs slowly as he took my hand in his, leading me into the house. The dark hardwood floors contrasted with the pale blue walls, the furniture a deep wooden colour and the windows so clear that you could barely tell that they were here. It was just Kai and I in the entry way as I looked around, some of our family pictures already hung up on the walls in elegant frames, mom presumably having done that already. "They moved all of our stuff here the minute you got out of that arena" Kai told me as I nodded my head at him, knowing that this house was a part of my prize.

"Do we still have the old house?" I asked him as he nodded his head at me, undoing the second button of his shirt. "Dad didn't see the point in selling it" he told me as I nodded my head at him, thankful that we still had our old house. That's one thing I will be paying for with the copious amounts of money I had now, keeping my childhood home ours even if we weren't going to live there anymore.

"He's in the kitchen" Kai told me as I looked over at him, knowing exactly who he was talking about as I looked around, having hallways on both sides of where I was standing. "I don't know where that is" I told him as he smiled at me, still holding my hand as he led me down the halls, the sound of people talking to each other coming from where they were.

I looked around as we walked through the house, the walls high and the door knobs painted golden as we walked through a large archway, the room falling silent. Kai let go of my hand as he went over to sit at the large island, Haf already sitting on one of the stools. There was a large table sitting in the corner, the back of the chairs carved in neat patterns as I looked around the room.

The large crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, bouncing the bright sunlight that was beaming in from the window around the room. The counter tops were a white marble, having been wiped clean so that you could practically see yourself in it. This room alone was the same size as half of our downstairs in the old house, and I was guessing that if you talked loud enough your voice would echo.

My eyes fell onto Firth, standing at the island in a shirt and khaki pants, his blue eyes staring back at me as I let out a small breath. "Hey" he said to me as I broke into a run, crashing into his arms as he wrapped his arms around me tightly, burying his head in my hair as I felt a tear leak from my eyes. "Hi" I said to him, my voice muffled from our hug as I pulled away from him, setting my hands on his face as he looked down at me.

"Hi" I said to him once again, still a bit in shock as he smiled down at me, my smile shining back up at him as he wiped the tear away from my cheek. "You said that already" he said to me with a laugh as I nodded my head at him, letting out a small laugh as well which basically came out as a sob. "I know" I said to him as I hugged him once again, one of my hands making sitting on the back of neck.

I pulled away from him as he kept his arm around my shoulder, a smile on my face as I saw Finnick sitting at the island next to Haf. "Hey" I said to him as he hopped off his chair, giving me a quick hug as Molly Odair stood up from the table, walking over to me with a smile on her face. "There she is" she said to me with a small laugh as she gave me a hug, a smile on my face as well.

"I feel so selfish I haven't asked about how any of you are" I said as Molly walked back over to her chair, sitting down as my mother shook her hand at me, standing by the archway as she looked over at me. "Don't worry about us, darling" she said to me as I pulled away from Fifth even though I didn't want to, walking back over to my mother as I gave her another big hug, having missed her hugs more than anything.

"We should get going" Talisa said as she stood awkwardly by the back door, looking around the room at all these people she had never met before. "You should stay for dinner tonight" I said to her, looking over at Mags as well who had taken a seat at the table. "I shouldn't" Talisa replied, shaking her head as she looked over at me hastily. "You're staying" I said to her as my mother nodded her head in agreement.
"We owe you two a lot as a family" mom said as Talisa and Mags shared a glance at eachother.

"There a bottle of spirit in there?" Talisa asked, nodding her head at the liquor cabinet which was pushed up against the wall next to another large arch which led somewhere but I had no idea. I walked over to it, pulling open the door and looking at all of the bottles of alcohol which were stored in it. I had no idea where they had come from but they all looked like they had been shipped straight from the Capitol. "With your name on it" I said to her as I pulled a bottle of white spirit out, holding it up next to my face as I smiled at her.

She stared at me for a moment, narrowing her eyes as she ran her tongue over her top teeth, debating whether it was worth it. "Fine" she said finally as my mom clapped her hands in excitement, Talisa holding her hand out as I walked over to her, passing her the bottle as she winked at me quickly.

——

A/N: ugh I love waverley and firth so much i'm so happy I get to write about them for this book
I have a game plan for this book but some specific story lines haven't been planned out yet so this book may end you being a big bundle of mess but i'll figure it out as I go :)
please vote and comment and I will see you all soon

A/N: ugh I love waverley and firth so much i'm so happy I get to write about them for this book I have a game plan for this book but some specific story lines haven't been planned out yet so this book may end you being a big bundle of mess but i'l...