Chapter 11- Rewritten

Sang's P.O.V.

The next night, after I get off from work, Taylor drives me to get my car.

        I had to bite the bullet and give Sean my number so he could let me know when North was done with it. Which of course, Taylor is loving.

"What is your obsession with me getting with one of these guys?," I ask her.

She sighs. "I just want you to have some fun," she tells me. "Your whole life is fighting demons."

"Maybe I should find a hobby then," I tell her. "Knitting, maybe?"

I can practically feel her roll her eyes. "A hobby wouldn't hurt either," she says before pulling up to the address Sean sent me.

        "Holy shit," she says. "They are loaded."

The house is huge. But if there are fourteen people living here, that makes sense. As soon as Taylor puts the car in park, North comes out of the house like he was waiting at the front door for us to show up.

I get out of the car when he gets a little closer.

          "What was wrong with it?," I ask him.

           "Clogged fuel filter," he replies before handing me the keys. "But, this car is a piece of shit. In my opinion, I would suggest getting a new car."

It took me months to save up for this car. My few shifts at the bar isn't going to cut it.

"Well, I'll keep that in mind," I say. "Thanks for fixing it."

I go to get in the car, but he stops me. "I'm sorry about the other night," he says.

        I'm very surprised by this. I wasn't expecting him to apologize at all. "It's fine," I wave him off. It pissed me off, but I understood where he was coming from.

       "No it isn't," he insists. "I'm a dick."

         "Well, I'm not going to argue with you on that one," I laugh. "But no hard feelings."

       Before he can say anything else, he suddenly winces in pain and grabs his arm.

        "Are you alright?," I ask.

         "I'm fine," he grunts. "See you."

             He quickly makes his way back into the gigantic house. I turn to Taylor's car. Even though I can't see her because of the headlights, I know she's confused as well.

         I shrug before getting into my car. I just want to eat and sleep, since I have to get up early and meet Michael at the cabin for some more training.

Taylor drives out first and I follow. Not even fifteen minutes later we're home and it seems like Henry has already gone off to bed.

Taylor goes to bed while I quickly eat some ramen. When I'm done, I decide to take a shower since I have to meet Michael at the cabin early tomorrow.

After I've crawled into bed, I try my best to fall asleep, but my worrying keeps me up. All I can think about is Astaroth and whether I'll be ready when the time comes.

          I have no choice. I have to be at my absolute best. Since waking up after the attack, my only goal has been hunting demons and getting my revenge. But now it has become something else entirely, something I never expected.

       My worrying keeps me up until the early hours of the morning, until I can no longer fight sleep. Unfortunately, my alarm wakes me up only a couple hours later.

      I groan as I get out of bed, regretting meeting Michael so early. After getting dressed, I grab some coffee before hitting the road.

       I have no disturbances with the radio thankfully, but I avoid messing with it which makes the drive pretty boring. When I get to the cabin, I see Michael on the front porch.

"Morning," I call out.

"Good morning, Sang," he greets me. I walk up the stairs to the porch to where he is.

          "Alright," I sigh. "What are we starting with today?"

"Last time, I taught you about protection. How would you like to learn some new attacks?," he asks.

          "You mean how to kick a demon's ass using my mind?," I try to clarify. "Because that would be awesome."

        "Pretty much," he nods.

"Fantastic. Let's get started then," I say enthusiastically.

        I don't know how long we go at it, but when we're done, I'm exhausted. Not going to lie, I thought this would be a it easier to get down, but I was wrong. Michael is a great teacher though and he made sure I got it down.

        Like our last training session, we continue with a mix of mental and physical training. When we're on our run, Michael ends up taking his shirt off.

      If Taylor was here she'd be foaming at the mouth, because all I can do for a minute is stare like an idiot. Michael notices for sure, but he doesn't call me out on it and we continue with our day.

When we get back to the house, Michael says, "You did a good job today. You are a fast learner."

"Thank you," I say, feeling slightly proud of myself. "There was one more thing I was hoping you'd teach me, if you have the time. I don't want to keep you here if you have somewhere to be."

"I have the time. What do you want to learn?"

"I want to learn that protection charm or whatever it was that you called it," I tell him.

      He nods. "We can do that," he says. "It's not easy. You have to have a well-trained mind and in order to do it correctly, you have to transfer some of your own power to something that isn't living. In this case, it would be that cabin. You might not get it down today, but we can start."

I nod in understanding. Michael's abilities are extensive and I can only hope that I have the time to learn absolutely everything I can from him.

"Close your eyes," he tells me and I do as he asks.

And then my phone rings. "Shit, sorry," I say.

He doesn't look happy with the interruption. I quickly take my phone out and see that it's Taylor. She knew I was training today, so whatever it is, I know it's important.

"Taylor?," I ask as soon as I answer. "Is everything alright?"

"No, we need you down at the bar," she says quickly. "Jami's uncle just showed up."