Driving him Crazy

It was one thing when you wanted something and you didn't know what it was like. You could imagine it would be awful to make you feel better about not having it. It's another when you let a good thing get away. Tom was staring down at the ribbon in his hand.

Right at the beginning when she had started to take a liking to him.

Now, Professor Slughorn had tried to give him advice on what he needed to do to get her back.

Tom had never wanted to punch someone so much. He felt like a piece of him had been ripped out. He tucked the ribbon in his pocket, and made his way out of the heads common room.

He was quickly regretting his numerous dalliances with the other girls of Hogwarts. They were nothing compared to her.

Tom rounded a corner and spotted Ophelia sitting on a bench reading. Her eyebrows were knitted together in concentration, and her mouth moved as her eyes travelled the words. He recognized it as her copy of Hamlet.

"Lia, what are you doing here?" Asked Jason leaning against a wall near her, "reading. Thinking too I'll bet."

"A dangerous habit, I know, but I just can't help it." Said Ophelia and Tom hid behind a wall. "I just wanted to be alone for a bit."

"I'll leave you then." Said Jason,

"No, stay we can be alone together." Said Ophelia and Tom beard Jason sit down next to her.

"I'm not sure how that would work." Said Jason. "What were you doing in Germany?"

"I can't tell you for legal reasons." Said Ophelia and Jason let out a sound of disbelief.

"What did you do?"

"I signed a contract with the government of Britain." Said Ophelia. "And a contract with the Burlingtons."

"Oh, and that prevents you from telling me?" Asked Jason.

"It may or may not have involved getting a German official drunk." Said Ophelia,

"Say no more, are you going to the Quidditch game tomorrow?"

"Are you shitting me? It's Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff I wouldn't miss that game for the world." Said Ophelia, "Sandra isn't coming though, something about impending NEWTs."

"I'll sit with you." Said Jason, "Watching McKenna practically kill himself on a broom is the highlight of my week."

"He saved your beaten up arse." Said Ophelia, Tom heard her hit him with her book.

"An arse you couldn't seem to get enough of." Said Jason, only to get hit again. "You find fighting sexy?"

"Fuck you." Said Ophelia,

"You wanted to didn't you?" Taunted Jason, "Don't give me the finger."

"You weren't good enough for Lolita and you're not good enough for me." Said Ophelia, standing up and collecting her things.

"You hurt me!" Said Jason, "What are all these buttons for?"

"Glad you Asked I have a bit of a collec-"

She fell out of earshot and Tom rounded the corner again. He sat where she had been sitting . The scent of honey still lingered in the air.

He shook himself and stood up walking away. He knew he should really stop getting jealous. But when you have an ex like Ophelia, an ex you wish you could still be with, it's incredibly difficult. In his mind she was still his.

She still whispered sweet nothings to him at night and told him how much she loved him when he asked. She still wore his shirt to sleep, still danced with him at Slug club parties.