12

nov. 9th, 2038.
detroit police department.
chance of snow.
4:13 p.m.
---

The three arrive at the police station, determined yet disappointed. "Man, this fucking blows." (y/n) huffs. "It feels like we get all these leads that go nowhere." 

"Actually, Detective, we have solved quite a few questions concerning deviants," Connor replies.

"Thanks, Connor. It's just frustrating y'know?" He shakes his head. "I'm headed to the break room, need anything?" (y/n) asks.

"No thanks, kid." Hank waves him off and heads to his desk. 

Connor follows after (y/n) assuming he needs help. "Would you like some assistance?" 

"Sure. Can you bring this mug to my desk? I'll be over in a minute."

"Got the robot doing your bidding?" Gavin asks with a laugh and a friendly slap to (y/n)'s back.

"Do you ever shut up, Gavin?" (y/n) turns around toward him.

A shout comes from Fowler's office telling Hank and (y/n) to come in.

"In trouble with the big boss?" Gavin teases, receiving a punch on the arm from (y/n).

(y/n) and Hank begrudgingly approach the office with Connor close behind. "You're off the case. The FBI is taking over." Fowler sits on his desk his arms crossed.

"What?" Hank asks.

"Are you kidding me? What the hell!" (y/n) throws his hands in the air. 

"But we're onto something. We just need more time. I'm sure we can-" Hank adds before being interrupted.

"Hank, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! It's out of our hands now. We're talking about national security here." Fowler explains.

"That's so fucked!" (y/n) replies.

"Fuck that! You can't just pull the plug now. Not when we're so close."

"You're always saying you can't stand androids and you just got transferred here. You have no authority. Jesus, Hank, make up your mind. I'd thought at least you'd be happy about this." 

"We're about to crack the case!" Hank responds.

"Fuck yeah, we are!" (y/n) adds, hyping up Hank.

"I know we can solve it! For God's sake, Jeffrey, can't you back me up this one time?"

Fowler shakes his head and sighs, "There's nothing I can do. You two are back on homicide and the android returns to CyberLife." Fowler shakes his head, for once he's seeing the determination Hank always used to have, "I'm sorry, Hank, but it's over."

Hank looks at (y/n) and Connor before sighing and leaving the office. "C'mon, Connor." (y/n) grabs his arm and pulls him out of Fowler's office. The two walk to Hank's desk to regroup and talk. 

Connor takes a seat on the corner of Hank's desk. "We can't just give up like that." Connor starts to move his hands as he speaks, "I know we could've solved this case!" Connor shakes his head in frustration.

Hank moves his chair and turns toward Connor and (y/n). "So, you're going back to CyberLife?" He asks.

"I have no choice..." Connor answers. "I'll be deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed." 

(y/n)'s face drops and looks down at his hands.

"What if we're on the wrong side?" Hank asks the two. "What if we're fighting against people who just wanna be free?"