Chapter 4

Lev looked at the rink, he was speechless.

His teammates were actually in the rink skating, well trying to skate rather.

Everyone looked like they were having fun, it felt slightly warm and welcoming, he forgot about his fears at that moment and only heard the sound of his fellow teammates laughing and bickering.

"Oi Lev get over here!" Yamamoto called as he was struggling to chase after Kenma who was skating away from him.

Lev smiled as he skated towards the rink, he didn't feel scared anymore. He felt comforted by the presence of his teammates. He didn't feel vulnerable at all!

He glided along the ice, it felt smooth and the skates felt light.

'I'm doing it papa! ' Lev thought excitedly.

Lev suddenly started skating gracefully, he started skating a program that his uncle Viktor taught him.

His father's last skating program.

Lev was feeling the adrenaline in the rink for the first time in a long time.

He did jumps and all sorts of quads that he actually landed, much to the surprise of Lev.

He changed the step sequence to something harder and pulled it off.

He never felt so light and free in the rink. It feels amazing and he remembered why he loved it so much.

He finally finished it off with one last combination and ended it with a pose.

'Papa, I'm okay now, I'm back home.' Lev thought happily.

"I- I did it... I'm not scared anymore." Lev finally said out loud as the thought of it sink in.

"What the actual dick?" Yaku said out loud clearly in shock as well as the other members that stared at Lev.

"I'm pretty sure it's what the fuck." Kuroo said correcting him.

"No, you listen here. That! All the shit, he could do and not receive properly? Like what the fuck? That was amazing?!" Yaku rambled as Fukunaga calmed him down.

"This brat is annoyingly good." Kuroo sulked.

The team continued to give backhanded complements but of course Lev knew they meant well.

"You finally got over it huh?" Kenma asked.

"Yeah... I'm really happy." Lev said as he smiled
Brightly.

"Geez turn the brightness down on that smile would ya? I'm going blind here." Kuroo joked.

The team gathered in the locker room where they discussed how to sneak Lev to training.

"Okay okay, hear me out, I know my other ideas were bad but hear me out. What if we hire someone to drug- NO!" Kuroo was cut off by a chorus of no's.

"That's even worse than kidnapping Lev infront of his mom and sending his mom to the hospital!" Yaku exclaimed.

"Hey! Be glad I didn't include a ransom in the kidnapping idea." Kuroo retorted.

"That's not the goddamn point!" Yaku was so close to losing his sanity.

"Where would you even get the drug from?" Kenma questioned while playing his game.

"Kenma!" Yaku scolded as he looked at the pudding hair boy.

"Well you see I ran into a drunk dude last night- ANY OTHER IDEAS?" Kuroo was cut off by Yaku.

Yamamoto raised his hand as Yaku looked at him and nodded.

"What if we lock her up in a room and let her starve?" Yamamoto suggested.

"Or burn the house down." Kuroo chimed.

"That's it I'm done." Yaku said as he headed towards the door to head to the bathroom when a voice was heard.

"I can't believe that meeting took forever!"

Lev panicked.

"It's my mom hide!"

"I say we whack her instead, there is nowhere to hide." Yamamoto said as Kuroo held his bag swinging it back and forth.

"For fuck sake!" Yaku had enough and shoved both males into an empty locker.

Everyone found a hiding spot and stayed quiet and Lev's mom finally arrived.

"Let's go, we don't have all day." She said briefly as she left in a hurry.

They went out of their hiding spot and Yaku opened the locker to where the two where hiding.

"FuUccKk that hurts." Yamamoto groaned in pain massaging his back.

"You could say that agin." Kuroo replied rubbing the sore areas on his body trying to soothe the pain.

"Okay change of plans, Lev just lie and get to practice tomorrow." Yaku said mentally exhausted.

"What lie?" Lev asked as he scrambled his brain to think of one.

"You're old enough to think of something." Kenma said as he went out of the locker room.

____________________________
It was the next morning and the team was warming up and doing stretches when the heard the door open.

"Good morning!" Lev greeted happily.

"He actually did it..."Kenma said somewhat speechless.

The day continued on with no problem and Lev doing horrible as usual.

"OI LEV STOP WAVING YOUR ARMS AROUND DAMMIT! I CAN'T DIG THE BALL PROPERLY!" Yaku yelled at Lev for who knows how many times.

"BUT YAKU-SAN WILL ALWAYS GET IT ANYWAYS!" Lev argued back.

"Water break!" Kuroo announced.

The team made a run for it and gulped down their water like their life depended on it.

"Oi Lev, what lie did you tell your mom to escape?" Kuroo asked curiously.

"Oh, we were having breakfast at a cafe when I told her I had to use the bathroom, so I made a run for it." Lev explained.

"YOU DID WHAT?" The whole team exclaimed.

"YOU IDIOT! Do you realize that your mom probably thought you were kidnapped or reported you missing by now?!" Yaku yelled lecturing Lev.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are so dead! HAHAHAHAHA!" Meanwhile Yamamoto is on the floor dying of laughter.

"Cut it out Tora, you look stupid." Kenma said as he lightly kicked his stomach.

"You've been gone for who knows how long. This is a whole 'nother level of stupid even for you." Kuroo snickered.

"I don't even think Shoyo would be that dumb to do that." Kenma mumbled.

"Aghhh, I'll just think of an excuse when I get back." Lev whined.

"Well I doubt his mom knows he's here anyways." Inuoka said.

"HAIBA LEV!"

Suddenly the team heard a raged shout that belonged to a woman coming from the outside of the gymnasium.

The whole team froze.

"You just had to jinx it huh." Yaku sighed.

"Ahhh, my bad." Inuoka sweat dropped.

"Please hide me!" Lev shouted in a hushed voice, begging on his knee.

"I don't know, that shout doesn't sound like someone I want to mess with." Kai said while looking at the door warily as the sound of footsteps got closer.

"Yeah, I'll go take cover and watch from afar." Yamamoto said about to talk away when he was held back by Kuroo.

"Where do you think-" Kuroo was cut off by the sound of the door slamming open revealing a furious woman.

"YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE!"