Chapter 1

Warning: This is a gentle reminder, this book is a fiction. All the events that took place are fiction including the characters. Thank you.

Haley

Vacation, I always wondered what the excitement was all about when it comes to vacation.The last I've been on vacation was when I was fifteen, now I'm twenty-six. It's been a long time since I've went on road trips and vacation. The reason is because I don't think I deserve a vacation that time. I was student back then, education was my top priority and I was not earning much.. I had phone bills, student loans and things to paid.I've been working for three and a half year at Whistler Seattle, one of the largest company in the United States having many locations around the world. The company is known for its properties, hotel and tourism along with building ships and its Airlines. I have earned myself paid vacation days in those years and now it's making me giddy and excited to use this opportunity to go on vacation. I have planned this for a very long time. We decided to go to LA for our vacation. We had planned this for six months, bought the cheapest tickets available and booked a decent hotel to stay for the week. Bonnie and Kristine, my friends from college decided to join me for my short get away.

I looked at my watch as I stood in the airport waiting for them to arrive,so we can check in together.

"Sorry." Kristine said as she stepped out of the airport in her heels and suit looking like a business woman.The driver opened the trunk as he helped her took out her two large spinner suitcase.

Kristine Rosalie Finch, she's twenty seven-living her dream as a fashion designer for a company. She's the fashion icon of our group, always up to trends and very bold. She doesn't take anyone's bullsh*t, that's what she says. Sometime, I wish I was that bold like her. She's always confident around people can hold conversations very smoothly and knows how to lead the conversations.

"Let's get going!" Bonnie Alyson Knights comes running in a dress and flats with her suitcase.

We sat down near our boarding gates after checking in.

"You guys were late." I pointed out.

"Almost, but we are here." Kristine said with a grinned flipping her hair.

I shake my head and smiled.

"After all the troubles, we are here!" Bonnie squealed excitedly.

Kristine took out her phone to take pictures of airport and want to let her followers know about her whereabouts. I always worried about her privacy, she's giving away too much informations about her private life.

"Let's take some pictures." She said to us.

I hesitated.

"We spoke about this Kristine." Bonnie reminded. We have come to a conclusion to not feature in any of Kristine's pictures or videos due to privacy concerns.

"It's just for me to keep in my phone." Kristine rolled her eyes at us.

"Then okay." I said with a smile as we all huddled together and grinned for a selfie. I can't wait to see LA and what adventures have for us.

Once we reached the airport in LA, we took a cab to the hotel. The hotel was small and decent. We decided to share a room that have two queen size's bed and a washroom. We took turns to shower and got ready for the rest of the day. Kristine was excited to go to Hollywood Sign and Hollywood's Walk of Fame while I just wanted to go anywhere we could.

We decided to go to a restaurant near LA's zoo and botanical garden. We were famished by the time our foods was served. We spent our afternoon over there exploring the different habitats and various plants. There were many tourists just like us walking around the place in excitement. Although it was a weekday, it was still busy.

We took many pictures of us and of our environment. Kristine asked her followers for suggestions of places we could visit. The amount of suggestions we got was overwhelming.

We decided to visit the Hollywood's Walk of Fame and eat dinner near the place and head back to our hotel. Kristine was very excited as she asked Bonnie to take her pictures with the signs. I wondered if we will get a chance to meet a celebrity while we're here.

Kristine wanted to go live with her followers while we were there while Bonnie and I excitedly took snaps to send to our families. Kristine's live video lasted for half an hour and by the time we walked to the restaurant-Bonnie and I was tired as we stood there waiting for Kristine to end her chat.

"What's our plan for tomorrow?" I asked.

"We could go to Universal Studios Hollywood and then Universal City walk." Kristine said and Bonnie agreed to the plan.

I have no idea how we are friends, but I was somewhat glad. We three have different personalities, but we get along well. When people meet us, they point out our differences and wonder if we fight behind the scene.

By the time we went back to the hotel- we were exhausted. We took turned to shower, I was sitting on the bed scrolling through messages. I have quite few messages. No one really messages me apart from my family and co-workers. My co-workers promised to not text me unless it will be important.

"We will go for breakfast at the diner across from here and then start our day?" Bonnie suggested.

"Perfect." Kristine said as she turned off the lights.

So far, the first day have been great and I can't wait for tomorrow.. vacation indeed go faster.

The next morning, we woke up at six-thirty to get ready for the day and grab some delicious pancakes and milkshakes for breakfast.

I like the feeling of being in vacation, out of work, don't have to worry about anything and just focus on enjoying the things and the adventures. I miss this feelings and I think vacation is a good way to relieve some of your stresses and some of your emotions. Things would have been great, if only we didn't went to Santa Monica Pier.. that's when everything changed.

Author's Note: Welcome to my new book, please add this book to your reading lists or library. Please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers ❤️