Six

I loved my morning routines now. Instead of waking up alone, cleaning up after Jake and wondering where he was and what he was doing, or should I say who he was doing, I was happily having breakfast with Kate who appreciated it so much and giving coffee to the valet man, Armand who's face literally lit up when I gave it to him every morning. 

I can't believe how long I stayed with him. He treated me like absolute shit. I think I'm going to lay off men for a little, I'm tired of being taken advantage of. 

My fight with Dylan was still bothering me. I really didn't like the way he yelled at me last night. I just wish I had the guts to do something about it... 

I'm so weak. 

Why does he think he can control my life like that? Its my choices! Sure I acted a little recklessly but it all worked out for the best! I stopped 32 from getting out of the cell! That should definitely be considered a success, I should be being praised, not yelled at. 

Thankfully today's his day off. 

I walked into work, greeting people along the way as I headed down to meet Doctor Shawl.

Thirty-two's cell was the most secure place in this hospital, therefore deep within the hospital. It takes forever to get there. 

When I finally arrived I smiled a little to myself, trying to suppress it so I don't look like a crazy person. 

You have to be very careful when you're in a mental hospital, one wrong move and you're done. It is way too easy for them to lock you up. 

Hell, after running at a clearly unstable patient who was trying to break the glass I'm surprised they haven't even sent me to a psychiatrist yet. 

I walked in and imeditately smiled when I saw Dr. Shawl who looked so pumped he was almost bouncing off the walls. 

He gave me a gigantic smile, standing up from where he was studying his notes at his desk. 

"Opal Locke! My favorite little coworker!" He exclaimed, walking towards me. 

I couldn't help but smile back, his energy was really contagious. 

I could feel my nerves increasing as I neared 32's cell, as always. 

I shook it off, excited to see him. 

"Alright, before we start I just want to discuss everything that happened yesterday. You really saved the day but you need to be safe above anything else. I also need you to sign a few things, basically insuring you won't sue the hospital if anything happens to you during this process."

I nodded, following him to the desk. 

"Remember, you can back out at any time. I'm not going to lie and say we can do this without you, I made no progress without you but if you're uncomfortable you shouldn't continue. You need to be healthy and happy." 

"No worries, I like helping, I-"

I was cut off by a loud bang against the glass near us. 

I looked to the doctor questioningly and his eyes were extremely wide. 

"Fuck. He must sense you're here. He's clearly not happy you haven't said hi." 

"Well I should get to it then! The window already has a crack!" 

The doctor looked to it nervously. 

"I think you really need to sign these papers first. I'm sure it'll be fine."