Chapter 61 - WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE!

Before I shove you into this drama, there is something you need to know about the Hero Commission besides the fact that they suck balls by prioritizing opinions over safety.

These sorts of situations work differently compared to your standard court cases. This is mainly because the author is too damn lazy to look up all the details, but also because this involves everyone.

Yes. You are still pleading your case. However, you're arguing your case to so many more people. This is especially true in my case because I'm such a controversial figure.

Heck, I have other countries talking about me!

I basically have to prove to the world that I am beneficial to have on the field.

The best way to describe it is it's like a debate with many people rather than a court case. Heroes can leave and join the discussion anytime, but they can't do it over, let's say, the phone. They have to physically be there. Anybody on the floor can be removed at any time if their behavior becomes unprofessional or they are useless. The Hero Commission watches the whole thing and evaluate the pros and cons of accepting me. This way, they can grab as many viewpoints as possible. The Hero Commission can stop the debate at any time to ask their own questions.

This whole thing is live, so you really can't afford to fuck up.

With that out of the way, it's time!

LET'S ROLL!

---

It's the morning of the meeting, and I'm dressed in my Nezu cosplay but with short sleeves as wearing long sleeves is awkward with a missing arm. Actually, everything sucks with a missing limb. If I mentioned the arm for every day, that could make a chapter on its own.

I've been working on it. Have I broken more things? Of fucking course! It's not my fault that God forgot to give me impulse control when I am angry.

Honestly, if you ever wanted to feel sorry for Shouta, this is the time.

I wander into the teacher's living room.

"Sho, can you help me with my tie, please?" I mutter after attempting for ten minutes.

Shouta stands up and walks over, "About time, problem child." He snatches the tie from my hand and starts tying it.

"Can you blame me?"

"No, but you also need to learn to accept help. Kid, you can't do everything like you used to. It doesn't help to get frustrated at yourself either. There."

"I would say thank you, but I didn't want a lecture." Shouta whacks me upside the head. At this point, it's normal.

"You needed it. Do you have everything together?"

"Yeah, no need to father me."

"Making sure. Keep your head on straight; this is its own battlefield."

"I know, I know. God damn, let me run my show." Shouta pulls me into a hug suddenly. "Stop ruining my fucking street cred!"

"No."

I hear a soft giggle in the background until Nemur speaks up, "That's gone out the window. This is such a cute brother bond! It really turns me on!" That makes me push Shouta away.

I glare her down, "What the fuck, Nemuri? They only do that in Alabama!"

"Oh my gosh, he even has the glare down! Look, Zashi!" Nemuri explains as she laughs away.

Hizashi looks from the couch and bursts out laughing as well, "You're right! Izu, please don't do that there!"

I huff, "Bullies. I do what the fuck I want because that's what they are getting."