042

Kidnapped

Namjoon's head lols around as his world spins in circles, his brows creasing together as he feels pressure on his cheeks.

"They really did a good job." A foreign voice says. "I wouldn't have suspected him either if you hadn't told me. Are you sure it's him?"

"Positive sir."

"Very well." The man says letting go of his face. "Wake him up."

There is a brief moment of silence before a loud slap echoes in the room, the detective's cheek burning with the impact. As the detective comes back to his senses, he realizes that he's tied up to a chair, his hands tied behind him and his legs bound as well.

With a groan, he fights to open his eyes, the light above him blinding.

"Welcome." The same voice from before greets with a loud clap of his hands, sending a wave of pain through the detective's head.

"Who are you?" Namjoon asks, shutting his eyes tight for a moment in an attempt to adjust his vision.

"I think the question here is, who are you?" The man says pointing an accusing finger at him. "Mr. Kim Namjoon."

Namjoon's eyes widen for a brief second before he collects himself and tries his best to keep his poker face.

There's no doubt. Namjoon thinks to himself. It's them.

"You've caused us quite a lot of trouble detective Kim, helping those hybrids and all." The man says placing his hands on his knees as he gets to the detectives level to make eye contact.

Namjoon's jaw clenches at the mention of the hybrids, his gaze hardening as he waits for the man to continue.

"Oh. What's with that look detective?" The man asks straightening his back. "You look scary." He adds with a short laugh, placing his arms behind his back.

"If you're worried about the hybrids," the man says turning around, "don't worry, we can always make more, after we get rid of the old ones of course." He adds looking at the detective over his shoulder.

The detective's frown deepens as he hears the man's words, his blood boiling when he hears about his plan. Slightly shaking his head, the detective takes in a deep breath to collect himself.

He is trying to get under my skin.

Namjoon thinks to himself, forcing himself to relax as he looks at the suited man., fighting the urge to punch him in the face.

"What are you after?" The detective asks making the man smirk. "I doubt you brought me here just because I took a few hybrids off your hands."

"Not bad detective." The man says turning his body to face him once more. "You're right, we can always get the hybrids back in a heartbeat, however, a little bird told me something rather interesting..." He starts, pausing for effect.

"It has been brought up to my attention that you've gotten involved with our subjects several times, interfering in our affairs."

"We were just doing our jobs."

"Yes I'm sure." The man say with a nod, his hand dismissing the detective's statement. "But that's not all, the little bird told me that there's something special about you detective, something we have been trying to achieve since the creation of this organization." He adds making the detective's stomach turn.