V

His eyes were closed. I watched intently as the young man sitting in front of me attempted to draw out the magic within him. I sat in the corner of his Leaky Cauldron room, waiting for Perseus to unlock his potential as a wizard.

I thought back on the story he told me; his life story. Being as old as I am, I have seen quite a lot, however, this child in front of me had experienced worse tortures than I could most likely imagine.

His eyes had darkened when he told me about his time in - what he called: Tartarus. A hell among hells. Those vibrant sea-green eyes had sunk into a dark black.

Those were the eyes of a warrior. Eyes of someone who had died and been resurrected.

I sighed as I kept watch over Perseus' almost unconscious body.

Learning that he was a demigod didn't come as much of a surprise as one would think. Even from a slight taste of his power when I met him - when he turned on me with his flower blade, I could feel a fraction of the power that was dormant.

Power that surpassed even my own. Even Harry's. And I could only have felt a fraction. Whether he was the one keeping it hidden or not was not to my knowledge.

However, I do know that this sea-green eyed... demigod was possibly my only hope in dealing with Voldemort.

Upon coming to that conclusion I had decided to begin teaching Perseus the ways of magic.

"But, I can guarantee you, that it felt like an eternity," Perseus whispered. I could almost feel the pain in his voice, I could almost feel how far he had fallen from who he used to be. This pain was not for someone so young.

I looked deep into his eyes to attempt to learn more from this man. No. . . boy. He is but a boy living a man's destiny... with godlike power.

I smiled, "Perseus, I think it is time for you to begin your training as a wizard. With your power, I feel that we should begin as soon as possible in order for it not to become taken advantage of.

He nodded, I could almost see the flashbacks still going throughout his mind. I walked over to him slowly as I gently laid my hand upon his shoulder.

I reached my hand into my pocket as I slowly drew out my wand and held it closely to young Perseus' temple on his head. "Expecto Patronum," I whispered as a strand of white light began to take form.

I watched satisfied as the look of pain on his face began to fade into one of a small smile. It didn't take long for the demigod to open his eyes.

No longer were they black, returned to their normal, almost glowing, sea-green. I moved my wand back into the pocket of my robe.

Perseus looked at me and chuckled, "Thanks Albus, sorry about that. Just thinking about some stuff."

I nodded, "Don't worry Perseus, I have seen such a look among other individuals," Harry Potter's face appeared in my mind.

I shook the thought out of my head, "Anyways Perseus, I think we should begin your training immediately."

I noticed a small grin appear on his face, his eyes lit up as he was returned back to a normal, young demigod.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get to it old man, I'm ready to become the strongest abracadabra you've ever seen!" Perseus laughed.

I closed my eyes as I tried to feel how Perseus was doing. I clenched my jaw as I wasn't able to see anything. Normally, one would be able to see the spark of another's power.