Chapter 14

Class was as dull as ever for Akali who wasn’t bothering to pay attention to the Professor, As average and passing her grades were. She didn’t want to put in much effort, Not when her mind was filled with thoughts on just exactly how this entire thing would go down.

More than that. 

Evelynn just couldn't stay out of her head, No matter what she would ever think of. Her mind would constantly wander to that night almost 2 years ago or her own fantasies.

Akali may have come to terms she liked females more than she ever did when it came to men, But it was hard thinking that she was so romantically entangled with Evelynn from the very beginning of which they met.

Rohan when asked about the topic could only laugh and say the least she could do was come out completely to Eve. Not that she only likes females, That she only wanted her lips on hers. No, She wanted Evelynn all to herself no matter how greedy that sounded.

A soft blush rose to her cheeks as she scribbled her thoughts away over her notes in frustration which caused glances from the other students near her as she lowered her head in embarrassment. Normally Art would be going smoothly if it wasn't for her clouded mind.

Her teacher even made remarks on how throughout the past weeks her assignments she’d turned in were sketches of Evelynn which only made the classroom erupt into giggles, It didn't bother her unless people were actually hating her art.

While dancing and being an artist were both her passion, She still didn’t know what career path to take in the future which bothered her. 

Akali nibbled on her pen gently, Staring towards the clouds as the teacher was explaining shading and colors when it came to normal portraits.

Neon colored birds laid nestled in their nest happily as the smaller ones graciously awaited the return of their mother.

Seeing this brought a large smile to her face and filled her with a slight warmth in her chest as she watched. 

Listening to the teachers instructions, She then did as instructed.

The teacher was apparently asking for another portrait of the family. 

Akali unconsciously grit her teeth, She had family. Except her story behind them wasn't pleasant.

She herself was nothing more than a bastard child that tied her mother and father together. Unlike Evelynn, Only her mother loved her. Her father was a disgrace of her culture. Being Asian-American. Her Heritage was something to be admired by her father, Anything against it resulted in things she’d rather not think about.

In reality, The only family the two had was each other. Which is why that's who she’d draw. As well as her mother if she wanted.

Akali bit her lip grimly, twirling her pencil in her fingers as Nidalee whacked the back of her head gently, Making her Instinctively.

“Eve?!”  Akali blurted before turning her head, Face flushing a dark red.

“I knew you were obsessed but damn, I thought those were drawings cause you admired her.” Nidalee gave a cheeky grin before pulling up a chair and sitting down.

That’s right, How long has it been since they went from strangers who met years ago to doing almost everything together? It’s been nearly a year in this school and they only seemed to grow closer. 

“That’s not true, We’re just really really close right now and I doubt either of us are ready for a relationship.”

Upon saying this, Akali picked up her calligraphy pen and began drawing action lines for both her, her mother Mayym and Evelynn all together.