chapter thirty-seven

Trigger warning.

ALLISON'S FEET DRAGGED ACROSS THE FLOOR, HER NOT HAVING ENOUGH ENERGY TO DO ANYTHING. "I get it now." Her sisters voice rang out in her head, her closing her eyes tightly as she tried to get rid of the image of her dead sister on the floor.

Flashback.

It was all quick, nobody having time to react as Beth's body fell to the floor, a bullet piercing her skull. Allison stood there, a blank look on her face as she saw her sister fall.

Everything flashed before her eyes. Every moment the two shared. Every heartbreak, every secret as her sister just lie there, unmoving.

It wasn't until Rick was pulling her away that she finally realized what was happening. Daryl proceeded to pick her up off the floor and the woman started to breathe heavily, a weight on her chest. "No, no..." She spoke, walking towards her sister with slow feet.

Touching her pale face, her throat tightened up, tears threatening to spill out from her eyes. "No, you're okay." She spoke, shaking her sister's shoulders. Everyone looked to her with sad eyes, trying to pry her away from her dead body.

"C'mon." Daryl sniffed, walking towards her and touching her shoulder. Allison shook her head and looked to him, laughing lightly.

"No, she's okay. Beth!" She screamed, still shaking the girls shoulders, expecting her to open her eyes. "She's okay, you're okay..." Trailing off, tears fell down her face and she wiped them away, not allowing herself to cry for someone who isn't dead.

"She's fine! We just have to get her some help." Allison told them laughing loudly, clearly in denial as she tried to pick up her limp body off from the floor. "One of you, help her..." She begged, looking to the hospital staff who was looking at her with wide eyes.

"I know you can! Help her!" Allison screamed, her body falling to the floor as Beth became too heavy for her to hold. She panted heavily, not accepting that her sister was dead. Tears fell down her face non-stop as her chest felt tight, like someone was stepping on it.

Rick gripped her upper arm and pulled her up off the floor as Daryl grabbed Beth's body, tears also falling from his face.

"No..." Allison whispered, the man tightening his grip on her as she just shook her head, choking down a sob. "She's fine... no.." She sobbed, shaking her head. "She's fine! Stop..." Panting heavily, Rick led her outside, where she saw some people from the group, including her sister.

A smile broke out on Maggie's face before she saw her sister's crying form next to Rick and she started to sense something was wrong. Once she saw her dead sister in Daryl's arms, she dropped her gun slowly to the floor and fell onto her knees. "No! No!" She screamed, sobbing loudly.

End of flashback.

Daryl tapped her shoulder, snapping the woman out from her thoughts. Allison looked towards him with tired eyes. He held out some water towards her and she shook her head, waving her hand.

The man just sighed and put down his hand, shaking his head to himself. The passed few weeks, Allison has barley talked, only to tell him that walkers were there or to sometimes talk to Sophia, who was also running out of energy. The woman felt like she had nothing else to live for now that Beth was dead. Although she had Maggie, the two haven't spoke since before Beth's death and it's probably the only time they ever spoke since their father's death.

"I'm gonna go out for a sec." Allison told Daryl, motioning her head towards the woods and before he could protest, she walked off, her knife on her side.

As she approached a tree, she slid against it in exhaustion, pushing her greasy hair back out from her face. Blood was still on her hands from when she held Beth's body for what felt like days. It took around twenty-one hours before she finally allowed Maggie to pull her away from the rotting corpse, even then she was a little reluctant.

Allison sighed deeply and grabbed her knife out from her boot, stabbing the ground in front of her as she thought about everything that has happened to her in the passed month.

Grabbing the knife from off the floor, she brought it down to her wrist, breathing heavily. Everytime she would close her eyes, she would see her sister's face, either smiling wide at her or just the two playing outside when they were younger.

Tears sprung in her eyes as she pressed the sharp object down, the skin breaking and now revealing a small cut, the blood dripping onto her boots as she cut deeper, the tears never falling. Stop. The voice in her head spoke, but her actions kept pressing down, her mindset not being in the right place.

She was so focused on the knife, she didn't even see her sister come and run towards her, grabbing the knife from her hands. "Hey, it's okay." Maggie whispered to her, placing the knife in her empty sheath. She pulled her into her chest quickly, Allison sobbing loudly as the blood got on her sister's shirt, it never stopping.

"It's not fair." Allison sobbed, burying her head in her sisters chest as she held her tighter.

Maggie noticed this and pulled away, widening her eyes at her. Tears fell down her cheeks as she pressed down on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "You're gonna be okay." She cried, sighing deeply.